90 Accord

nevr2lw

Hey, im trying to start up a project car. my friend has a 90 accord lx for sale for 150! needs a manual tranny and a driver side window(someone tried to break in). He says that the tranny just dosent grab any gear, and he said when it ran, he replaced the clutch. My guess is the clutch was either messed up being put in, or the tranny is fried up. either way the motor should still be good. I have no clue as to what motor is in it. i had thought about dropping an h22-23, then i thought about a b-16. i was wondering, can i get a certain tranny from a b-16 fit on this motor? and build up the b-16, then swap trannys with the motor swap, or would it be best to save up and go with the h-22-23? i would like to tune up the engine, possibly will never get around to turboing, but always a possibility. SO pretty much, what kind of motor is in a stock 90 accord lx, any possibly tranny-swap ideas?, what kind of work for a b-16, h22-23 swap? or anyone have any ideas at all? Thanks if you can help me.

f22a1 engine is in the Lx accord

any honda engine can fit in any honda. b16 wouldnt do much to a heavy accord though. h22 engine and tranny is best bet for accord.

good car for 150 if it actually runs still. i have a 1992 accord project car and i bought it for 300 dollars wit these rims on it too. but mine doesnt run.

ok f22 and h22 are almost the same arent they? besides the 70 sum odd horsepower? ...im getting the car tomorrow. only 100k miles and the motor looks pretty clean, runs, just tranny is bad...but will a h22 tranny mate up with a f22?

and i need to straighten things up, h22's are in 92-95 ludes and h23's in 96-97? or something of that nature? which is better, h23, h22 and i thought i read that an h22 will bolt directly up to my 90 accord? anyone have a site to help me out here so i dont ask so many questions?

ok f22 and h22 are almost the same arent they?

Not exactly. All but 1 of the F series 2.2s are SOHC, while the H series are DOHC. Yes, you can usually make any Honda engine fit in any Honda. The H series motor is probably your best bet if you're swapping.

Archived