Buying a house

CleanGSR

Well, my wife and I are buying a house and closing is tomorrow. We are getting pretty excited. I will finally have a garage to park in and to work on my car in. Plus it is much bigger than where we rent right now so it should be a nice step up. Anyway, I'm anxious so I just though I would post it on here.

Well, we got the house from a forclosure/repo company so we got a hell of a deal on it. We got it for 61,000 and it is 3 bedroom 1 bath and between 1200-1300 sqaure feet. It only has a 1 car garage, but my del sol has dibs on it. It also has a redicoulously large front and backyard for being in town. Took 2 of us over an hour to mow last night, (1 John Deer Riding mower and 1 push mower). I got my father-in-law to come in and help, so we mowed and drank beer for a couple hours last night.

i think thats what im gonna do too..

just get some roomates and get a repoed house and just have somewhere to live without stayin with my mom.

that landscapin all day gets me about 14 dollars an hour so if i save half my money for car and half for the house, then i'll be in a house right after i get outta high school!

good luck with the house. i hope you like it.

No it's probably about an acre, or a little more. Just takes awhile to mow. THe lot in the subdivision we are in would run about 20,000. Really nice area of town.

When I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii, I was talking with some local, and he said he sold 1/2 an acre for 500,000. He said to get a house right on the beach, that's what you have to pay.

Archived