will greddy 99-00 civic si header fit on del sol?

vap0r36

will civic si greddy header fit del sol vtec? i emailed greddy info about the part and they responded saying that "it will not fit the application due to a difference in the location of the cat and the location of the o2 sensor bung." Is he right? i could have sworn that they had the same exhaust manifold. the part in question is HON CIVIC SI cpe 1999-00 4-2-1 1 DOHC VTEC 10551001 $ 389.00

They will bolt up the same to the motor, but since the del sol is such a shorter car, the cat is probably in a different location. The header probably wouldn't match up to the cat. Why not just buy the header for the del sol vtec. It's not like they are hard to find.

They will bolt up the same to the motor, but since the del sol is such a shorter car, the cat is probably in a different location.  The header probably wouldn't match up to the cat.  Why not just buy the header for the del sol vtec.  It's not like they are hard to find.

what you are saying makes sense about the cat but i dont think greddy made a header for a del sol. atleast there is not one on their website. if you know otherwise that would be great. i want to get the jg header but im looking into one that is a little bit cheaper. i heard that dc headers are not that great so im not sure about them.

i would tend to believe the greddy rep, look for a kamikaze header if you can find one, its the r0x0rs! :ph34r:

I dont think Kamikazi makes one for dohc del sol the only list one for SOHC here: http://www.mmrusa.com/kamcivic.htm

Both JG Edelbrock and Darkstar Racing have 2 diffrent part numbers for 94-96 del Sol VTEC DOHC and 99-00 Civic Si Headers. But DC Sports has the same part number for those two applications. That seems pretty wierd to me. Wouldnt that mean that anyone who ordered a DC header for there del Sol would have the wrong part?

maybe the si header will work.. all i know is i had issues with mine on my b16 powered crx, but i think the engine might sit lower in the crx then in the del sol so you might be okay.

:ninja:

seems like they might be interchangable, but some manufacturers might make a small modification to the dohc sol header. i would contact someone at whatever company you choose to buy a header from, and just make sure which header if a part number is not listed. if you buy from JG or Darkstar i wouldnt worry about it.

what you are saying makes sense about the cat but i dont think greddy made a header for a del sol. atleast there is not one on their website. if you know otherwise that would be great. i want to get the jg header but im looking into one that is a little bit cheaper. i heard that dc headers are not that great so im not sure about them.

I didn't realize you were dead set on the greddy header. I have a DC Sports header and am very happy with it. I think it is a great header for one that doesn't cost over $500.00.

And an FYI, DC Sports is owned by AEM.

They do make Greddy headers for b16 del sols. I got my headers from my friends b16a swapped crx, he swapped to an h22a so he sold me his. My Greddy headers are 4-2-1. O2 wiring and everything is perfect and so is the alignment to the cat. The headers are same for all b16's, unless modified from stock. It's a for sure fit because I lent one of my friends with a supercharged 2000 civic Si my header once because he had to take his car in for a CA smog test, and it all just fits. Just gotta make sure that there's an adaptor location for the O2 sensor right before the cat.

They do make Greddy headers for b16 del sols. I got my headers from my friends b16a swapped crx, he swapped to an h22a so he sold me his. My Greddy headers are 4-2-1. O2 wiring and everything is perfect and so is the alignment to the cat. The headers are same for all b16's, unless modified from stock. It's a for sure fit because I lent one of my friends with a supercharged 2000 civic Si my header once because he had to take his car in for a CA smog test, and it all just fits. Just gotta make sure that there's an adaptor location for the O2 sensor right before the cat.

That is awesome. Im going to order the civic si headers from them. I find it to be amazing that a person from Greddy would tell me that they do not make headers for my car. Why would they turn away business?

Don't know why Greddy would turn away business. Everything I order for the engine; like from Honda, Schucks, Autozone, ect... always have the same parts number as the usdm 99-00 civic si. Most B series engines are the same.

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/cams.html

^this site just tells/shows internal similarities^

Archived