Bought a 95 AutoV6 AccordLX for $1400? Good Deal??

SportMan0021

I recently just bought a 95 Automatic V6 Honda Accord LX Sedan from my sister for $1400 who lives in South Carolina. The car has about 192,000 miles on it, mostly highway miles, and is in overall good condition. There have been only 2 previous owners, I personally know both, and they have taken could care of the car. Oil has been changed every 3 months/3000 miles and when needed, necessary parts have been replaced. The body is in good condition but has some rust near the left rear tire. That can easily be touched up though if needed.

I had to drive it up from SC to PA, where I live, which added about another 700+ miles so I was kind of pissed about that. I took it up I-95 and was going about an average 90 mph the whole way. It ran smooth and everything seemed to be fine.

For all you stick lovers, I know its a crappy automatic and has a hell of alot a miles on it, but thats all I can afford right now. I just need it to get me from school to work to home. I just wanted to know if this was a good investment? I'm looking to sell this car eventually to get a car that I can actually invest into and hook up. How much do you think I could eventually sell this for in PA?

I dont know much about accords either. But I do know that my accord is infact a V6 LX. I don't have a digital camera on me at the moment, but here are some pics I found on google of the exact same model that I have:

accordpics2ml.jpg

I colored the part where there is some slight rusting. The rest of the body is in great condition just like the other accords in the pics. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get the rust spot touched up in PA? A ball park figure would be great.

I would imagine the rust is not only on the door but also on the panel right below the door. I think 1400 is a fine buy for a daily driver. I wouldn't be worried about mileage. That car should go much longer if it has had the proper maintenance. As long as it runs fine when you sell, I think you could always get $1000.00 back out of it. Good buy.

Archived