91 Civic Engine Swap

t2oo5

I plan to do an engine swap. I want to put in the B18B1 from a 1992 Integra GS into my 1991 Civic four speed hatchback. Will I need a mount kit and the computer from the integra? Any other suggestions for me? Any help at all would be appreciated, has anyone did a similar swap? Thanks in advance.

T

The motor you have is the motor you use for a LS or in your case GS/VTEC, it will swap in with a mount kit and yeah, you'll be using the GS's wiring and ECU as well due to the fact that your going from sohc to dohc, you will be impressed with the power gains with your plan, but I would try to locate a B16 head, throw that bad boy on and you got yourself LS,GS/VTEC.

The motor you have is the motor you use for a LS or in your case GS/VTEC, it will swap in with a mount kit and yeah, you'll be using the GS's wiring and ECU as well due to the fact that your going from sohc to dohc, you will be impressed with the power gains with your plan, but I would try to locate a B16 head, throw that bad boy on and you got yourself LS,GS/VTEC.

don't listen to this guy....

a B18B is from a '94-'01 integra RS, LS, and GS. like I said, you need a B18A from a '90-'91 integra. you'll need a mount kit, axles, shift linkage, and ECU.

as for the LS-VTEC, it's not as simple as just bolting on a B16 head and driving it.

Archived