Newbie Help...

Kay

Hello everyone I'm new to these forums as well as new to modifying cars. I have a very slight idea of what I want to do to my car. I drive a 1998 standard base prelude with a stock engine at the moment. Right now I want to add an intake (considering AEM V2) an exhaust system/cat back (No idea) and headers (also no idea) as well as a higher performance cluth (you guessed it, no idea...). This is where I'd like to start but am not limited to close mindedness. I would be more then happy to hear your suggestions and or reccomendations for modifying my engine, as of right now I am hoping to modify it as far as I can so any input is appreciated. For one thing I'm not that smart with cars or engines or anything like that but I can learn and I have lots of friends who are so I'm not worried about getting ripped off or anything. I was just looking to see if anyone could help me with suggestions or better ideas as to where to start and which parts to use and from which company for the best performance. Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me, for their time and patience with my car handicaps. w00t

Regards

Kay

AEM is a godd intake, RS*R if they make an axhuast for the prelude, or greddy is good. and a Kamikaze header is good. thats some of the stuff i have on my lude. also if someday you may want to supercharge it, which is what i did, let me know, and i would be willing to help you out.

:thumbsup: That sounds great thanks for your input, I was do hope to put in a supercharger but that's probably a long way off for sure. I was also looking at neuspeed sport or racing springs or the tanabe suspension upgrades. I was also looking at the Tanabe JDM Ultra cat back exhaust system any suggestions or better ideas would be appreciated 8)

Kay

btw I had Mono too it was a month and a half vacation hehe :thumbsup:

tanabe is good stuff. maybe someday down the road you can buy my blower. i am looking at converting to trubo, because i have a built bottom end now. so if you stick around and are interested myabe a yr down the road you can buy it.

Good stuff, even though it will probably be around that time before I throw that in, so maybe if the timing is right I might even do that... So far any other modifications you can think of at this point? Just little stuff for now, but stuff that can help me long term that I won't have to replace if i consider moving into more high end parts etc... btw thanks alot for your help I just really want to make my car more then it is :ph34r:

Kay

Archived