cooling on my 94 teg.

amateurteg

hey, havent posted in a while but have still kept up on the topics, anyway, my 94 integra has been overheating lately. i think i hit a bump and it cracked the bottom about 2.5 months ago. ever since, ive been leaking only a little anti-freeze, and only at certain times. ive filled it up and all. Then the last time i filled it up, i put in that Barr's radiator stop leak, and put in some cheaper antifreeze. it rode fine for about 3 weeks, then about last wednesday, it started climbing back up again. My heat gauge usually stays about 2 cm left of the half way point, and tonight, i put in some more barrs stop leak and antifreeze, then it just went really hot, so i had to stop on the side of the road to let it cool down. Heres the weird part, when i checked my radiator there was still antifreeze in it and in the overflow tank. And i was like sitting still at idling for like 10 min, and it never got any hotter, but when im going down the highway at like 60, it starts heating up. I thought usually it should be just the opposite and get hotter at idle. Anyway, all i could think of is that barrs crap clogged up the veins in the radiator, or its just cheap antifreeze, anyway, it still leaks occasionally, and am planning on getting a new one, but want to check to see if anyone has any knowledge of this b4 i spend un-needed cash. thankx. peace

thankx, but i found out the problem, if this happens to anyone, the problem is a stuck thermostat, or a cracked head gasket, or a warped head. unfortunately for me, i had a bad thermostat and a warped head, so now i have to rip off the whole top and get it milled. thankx anyway. :D

Archived