pick for me

DelSolSweetie

okay so most of you know whats done to my car.. i need plugs and wires and an oil change.. royal purple is the oil but idk what plugs/wires will run best in the car

plugs:

ngk

ngk vpower

denso

e3 ?

wires

ngk

accel 8mm

msd 8.5mm

crane cams 8.5 mm

what should i get

i seriously think mine are V-powers.

platinum plugs, they were $2 a piece

Platinums are worthless for normal use. Infact, platinum are really only good for their longevity. Performance wise there isn't much difference between them and copper.

Exactly why I like to get the platinums. They only cost a bit more and last a lot longer. And you don't lose quality in case I forget how long it's been and replace them a little late.

NGK all the way. I'd order direct from their website, by the way. They have the best prices I've seen on there -- Pep Boys and the other places always wanna charge me like 70 bucks for a set of wires I can get for 35 on the NGK site.

Platinums are worthless for normal use. Infact, platinum are really only good for their longevity. Performance wise there isn't much difference between them and copper.

longivity FTW :thumbsup: but at least i'm not spending all my money on Iridiums for my DD :crazy: i see people doing that all the time!

anyone else agree?

i have also been told k&n filter dont do good on most hondas cause they'll end up throwin a code.. true?

Mike swears by them. I have yet to change mine, he keeps trying to convince me to go K&N

well i know a guy who worked at auto zone part time and hes the one who told me that

like he said a guy with an accord came in.. bought a k&n filter(my friend told him it would throw a code).. and well the guy ended up comin back that day after he put the filter on cause it threw a code

i have a spectre which is just a cheaper k&n and i like it a lot.. so i dont plan on changing.. just wondering if anyone else had heard the k&n thing

i was more curious about the msd thing.. and do you really get anything out of the 8.5 wires compared to stock?

Archived