tokico vs. skunk2

Well ive pretty much got everything either bought or picked out for what i need to get my car runing good again...but im not sure which shock and spring set i want to go with...im working on a budget to so thats not helping...but i found 2 that looks good for the price and am looking for hel on which one to pick...theres the Tokico HP kit which i believe it a 1.4in drop and theres the Skunk2 shock and spring set which is around a 2in drop...these sets will be paired up with blox front and rear camber kit, blox lca's, megan 4 piece struts, and kumho tires...any help would be apreciated the tokico's are less money which is always good since im on a budget right now but if they suck i dont want them...

Tokico is good a few of my friends have had their shocks and they never complained... I also had a friend that had skunk 2 coil overs and his car rode really bumpy, it got annoying after riding in his car for about a hour or so...

Have you checked into dropzone lowering springs yet? Dropzone lowering springs and tokico gas shocks are a good combo... not too stiff but yet not too soft... A friend of mine had that on his del sol vtec, it made it look good and ride good...:thumbsup:

I got eibach pro kit 1 springs with tokico blues on my civic and the rides is damn good! I had skunk2 coilovers previously and they were too bouncy so I bought the Eibach springs. they gave me a 1.2 and a 1.4 in drop. rides a lil stiff and soft and doesnt effect the camber either. all together I spent $450 for the springs and struts brand new.

Well ive pretty much got everything either bought or picked out for what i need to get my car runing good again...but im not sure which shock and spring set i want to go with...im working on a budget to so thats not helping...but i found 2 that looks good for the price and am looking for hel on which one to pick...theres the Tokico HP kit which i believe it a 1.4in drop and theres the Skunk2 shock and spring set which is around a 2in drop...these sets will be paired up with blox front and rear camber kit, blox lca's, megan 4 piece struts, and kumho tires...any help would be apreciated the tokico's are less money which is always good since im on a budget right now but if they suck i dont want them...

What?

I have Tokico springs on stock struts and it has a nice stance to it. I would reccomend Tokico for a daily that you want to have ride comfort with a good drop. None of what you listed are what I would go for if I wanted performance though.

not really about performance right now like i said im workin with a budget and the guy i bought the car from messd it up...so yea i know the stuff im geting isnt the best but its a hell of alot better than the messed up shiit on there now...as for dropzone and eibach springs no i havent looked into those but i will make sure to check it out...thanks for the help keep it coming

I love my Tokico Illumina's. Worth the extra money over the HP's (in my opinion). I've got them with Ground Control Coilovers and extended top hats dropped 3" and it rides just barely stiffer than stock on the "2" setting. Not bouncy or anything at all but handles great.

well ive been thinking and i kinda want a lower drop than 1.4" so how do yall think the tokico struts and skunk2 lowering springs would be togeather that setup is around $380 and its around a 2" drop

well ive been thinking and i kinda want a lower drop than 1.4" so how do yall think the tokico struts and skunk2 lowering springs would be togeather that setup is around $380 and its around a 2" drop

I believe the S2 have pretty high spring rates and will be really stiff...possibly even bouncy with the Tokico's. I wouldn't do more than a 1.5" drop on Tokico Blue's and no more than about 2" on Illumina's without some extended top hats. You could get a shop to make you some extended top hats for fairly cheap. I'd guess you could get all 4 welded up for under $100. It would be the cheapest if you cut the top hats and had the pipe so all they had to do was to weld them.

Here's a picture of my top hats in the back. Extended 1.75" so on my 3" drop I have the same shock travel as a 1.25" drop.

IMG_0779.jpg

Here's the fronts extended 1.25" which is the same as a 1.75" drop for the shocks but I have the shock dropped in the fork about 1.5" so basically stock shock travel in the front.

IMG_0778.jpg

Extended top hats is a cheap and effective way to insure that you don't blow your shocks out by going lower than the shock can handle.

• 2 weeks later...

well i think i ended up with a little more money so im going with the tokico Illuminas instead of the HP kit... :thumbsup: ...but can sumone help me understand the 5 way adjustible part...i know what it means but sumone who has these can u explain what are the stages and what would be more recomended for daily driving with still getting good performance...hope that made since...

5way adjustable on the shock is dampening adjustability. 1 is the softest setting which is close to stock and 5 is the stiffest setting which will knock your teeth out. For daily driving I run 2 all around. Much better handling all around and just a little bit stiff on the ride quality. If I want better handeling on the street then I run 2 in front and 3 on the back but this does make the ride a little rougher.

well i think im going to go with the tokico illuminas and tein s tech springs hope to order them within the next 2 weeks comin up...does anyone have this set up or know about how it will feel??

• 2 weeks later...

ok so im planing on ordering my suspension set up this weekend and am wondering what springs to pair up with the tokico illumina shocks/struts...i like the tein s tech springs its a 1.8in drop i believe but i was wondering if there is any other springs that would match better with those shocks/struts..im also planing on geting the energy suspension hyper flex bushing kit does anyone know if that helps out i heard it does but wanted to know from you guys :thumbsup: thanks

Archived