K20 swap

cranny

well folks , here she goes. me and a few buddies drove down to new hampshire to pick up the latest project. one for myself this time. junkyard in NH had a 2004 rsx S with 32k miles on it(50k clicks) , smashed to hell , lol. he was asking 6000 for it. to make a long story short , when we got there it was missing the front leather seats , the ecu , the oil cap , and the passenger side axle. 3 out of the 4 wheels were warped and fuked. spindles are all good from what i can see. me and him agreed on a price of 4300 us for everything , except when we got there , everything wasnt there. so , i got an ecu out of him , 3 new wheels and tires off a brand new rsx they had there with slight damage , oil cap , new cover for plug wires. basically when we left , i had everything i was supposed to have except for the 2 front leather seats , and i got it for 3300 instead of 4300 so i wasnt complaining. if any of you research it , K swaps go for for 5000 just for engine/tranny/ecu/and harness. also , i think he didnt know what he had , cause the car has a DC sports header with a front to back greddy stainless exhaust. so....without further ado , here she is:

on the tailor in NH

STA71914.jpg

STA71915.jpg

in my backyard waiting for me:

STA71918.jpg

STA71919.jpg

STA71920.jpg

greddy exhaust , ill get some better ones once i have it in the air

STA71921.jpg

the main reason for all this trouble , lol:

STA71922.jpg

STA71923.jpg

ill keep yas posted , not sure if im going to buy a mount kit or make my own so. is anyone excited as i am? haha

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't afford a k20 swap.....or else I would do it..........it sucks.......I have realized that i'm going to have to keep the stock D series engine.....replace the internals.....and then turbocharge it. It shouldn't be half bad after i'm all done though.......

love my car dan , its not slow , but its not fast you know. but handles and drives nice. inside are nice , overall one of the nicest civics imo. they just need a K20A2 , lol. i got the engine out tonite , wire harness , blah blah. gonna strip everything i need off for the swap and part it out.

Fuuuuuck!!!! Why? ??? I hate being poor, and not having junkyards around.

Lol....I know exactly what you mean. I make minimum wage..........>_<

Lol....I know exactly what you mean. I make minimum wage..........>_<

It's all good dude, I make far beyond minimum wage and am still broke as a joke. I've barely scraped enough together to put my car in the shop for the heads/cam combo.

well hung , they stopped us going in and wouldnt let me in , lol. for past reasons. and they knew we were going down there to get a car. they told us when it gets to them , wed have to let it sit at the US border for 3 days before i could take it home , of course this was unacceptable , lol. so , 2 of my buddies , 4 on the trip , kept going on thier own , i gave them money to get the car. when they got it and got back to the border , the US export border , not the canadian import border , it was about 2AM , same time as when they stopped us going through. so , they held er , 80 clicks through the US side , B-line for canada , sparks comming off the hitch scraping the ground , haha. once your across , its too bad for them. they made it , FUK US CUSTOMS , THEY GOT crap FROM ME. 400 bucks taxes to get it into canada , away we went , lol. thank you and goodnite.

well hung , they stopped us going in and wouldnt let me in , lol. for past reasons. and they knew we were going down there to get a car. they told us when it gets to them , wed have to let it sit at the US border for 3 days before i could take it home , of course this was unacceptable , lol. so , 2 of my buddies , 4 on the trip , kept going on thier own , i gave them money to get the car. when they got it and got back to the border , the US export border , not the canadian import border , it was about 2AM , same time as when they stopped us going through. so , they held er , 80 clicks through the US side , B-line for canada , sparks comming off the hitch scraping the ground , haha. once your across , its too bad for them. they made it , FUK US CUSTOMS , THEY GOT crap FROM ME. 400 bucks taxes to get it into canada , away we went , lol. thank you and goodnite.

That's crazy. At least you got it through though. Can't wait to see the progress on your swap.

Archived