Some shots of the Si... ehhh...

What happened?

Pretty much sandwiched between 2 SUVs. Guy in front of him came to a sudden stop, swerved to avoid hitting him, and ended up with the above result. Fortunately, he's physically okay.

Adjuster is going to look at it sometime around the end of the week or so, find out what's going to happen with it.

yeeshk, thats nasty, shame it smashed up the whole side, instead of just a couple of panels. he gonna be able to claim off him?

Maybe this weekend I'll be able to see the damage in person, if the salvage yard will let us in. He said the pictures just don't do it justice. Apparently, the door opened up during the accident and he figures that if he hadn't worn his seatbelt he could be dead or in the hospital at least. In one of the pics, it looks as though the door pretty much peeled away. I love Hondas, but god are they unsafe. None of the airbags deployed (has front, side, in the seats, etc). We'll see what the insurance adjuster says. He does have full coverage on it.

BTW, it was some SUV and a landscaping truck.

Those are my favorite new Civics, the four door, white, Si's.

Yeah, really. He wanted it in white with the navigation, and when he went to buy it they "didn't have any", but then when he dropped his friend's name -- who used to work there -- they all of a sudden "found" one in the warehouse. :rolleyes:

He loves the car, and he's only had it a few months now, so he's pretty upset about the whole thing right now. He was going to work, and forgot his cell phone. Went back and got it, and now he's beating himself up over going back to get the phone. It's unfortunate, but all in all it is just a car and he is okay physically. The rest will be sorted out soon enough, hopefully. Here's to hoping insurance deems it fixable.

Since he said the door flew open, I was surprised that the side airbag didn't deploy. I'd think that if there was enough force for the door to open, there should have been enough impact for the airbag. It's better, however, that none of them deployed, should it be repairable.

That's messed up that none of the airbags deployed. I've heard of them deploying in cases of fender benders and this looks much worse than that. Glad he's okay. Tell him not to beat himself up playing the what if game.

Archived