What Do The Different Color Smokes Mean?

Repsol

What is the context on this? Is this smoke coming out of your engine? Smoke from doing burnouts with those cheesy tires that create different colors? Indian smoke signals?

I wouldn't be surprised with all the posts this guy has made asking how high he can safely rev his D series.

Black smokey soot = blown rings?

Grey smoke = stuff gettin' char-broiled in your engine bay?

Blue smoke = ???

Nah everything's fine surprisingly lol. People say they're surprised that my car's still running, but f*ck them lol. Nah a friend of mine said that he saw some black smoke coming out when i took off when my car was cold.

Nope, It's weird. I put another quart in like 500 miles ago, and it's still at the same level. WTF. I am leaking some oil in my distributor cap though. :(

Yeah I think it's a seal, but There's oil coming out of it. =\

Probably coming from the VTEC cam seal, they are known to go bad. skunk 2 and others make a billet replacement thats only like $30.

skunk2_cam_seal.jpg

Get the OEM seal. Cheaper.

Cheaper in more then one way. its a piece of plastic that leaks after a while.

or you could just do it once with a billet one and not have to deal with it again.

Yeah but that isn't gonna stop the oil going into your dizzy. You need to replace the dizzy seal. Or if there is a lot of shaft play in the dizzy you have that will cause it too, then just replace the dizzy and you're good.

Archived