More PM box memory.

I have noticed that my PM box is constantly full and I keep having to delete alot of my PM's. Deleating them isn't the problem but alot of the PM's I have I will probibly look back on for reference or info but I am constantly having to delete them. Is there any way we could have a little more PM box memory.

I'm sure that Drew would be glad to fix up a paid membership which would give you certain things like unlimited PM's, Image Hosting, etc.... Considering that this site is 100% free to us though, I can understand why he limits things. If he lets everybody have unlimited PM's, and all that then his storage capacity is going to increase and make his costs of maintaining HondaForums go up.

Well, i've bumped it up to 40 for now and i'll see how it goes as far as storage is concerned. I don't think it will be a problem in the near term. I wasn't aware that you all used the PM function so much, but if you use it like some people use txt msgs on their cell phones, then I can understand that 25 is not much and it's a pain to purge all the time.

About paid accounts, that's of course something that's been in the back of my mind for a while and I haven't forgotten about it.

I would be for a paid premier membership. I know I am pretty new here, but already the information I have found just doing basic searches would have covered the cost of a paid membership. A couple other forums I have been on had a tiered "donation" setup. Each level unlocked additional features on the system like a larger pm memory, additional sig and avatar editing options, and image hosting. I have already had to remove messages from my pm box because it was full.

BTW, if you do the equipment servicing yourself (you own and repair the hosting computers) I can likely help with any expansion or repairs you would need. If adding additional PM space requires more HD space that you don't have. I would be more then willing to donate some unused equipment to the cause.

I agree, I was thinking as much as $9.95 a year or maybe a lifetime or something simple like that. And it would be a voluntary payment anyway. Everything would remain the same for regular members. Paying members would get a few perks like the pm and image hosting.

Maybe even a private forum, which might ease some of the noob vs reg problems. :shrug:

Archived