The Fast and The Furious: tokyo drift

Rick B.

you know something, it wasnt a half bad movie, and vin diesel's cameo in it was kinda cool. but the thing that pissed me off most about it all was simply this; every goddamn teenager with car keys after the movie was out started driving f*cking crazy. now every once and a while i get in the mood to play around with my not so stock civic, but ive never in my life been like one of those psycho-path kids. jesus christ. everybody in a focus wagon to a vw bug thought they were professional drivers after watching that movie. I almost got into three accidents on the way home from the theatre, and its only two miles away!!! I pity the other people that were stuck on the road with these schmucks. Ladies and gentlemen, if you are going to race, try and do it on a track where the collateral damage is minimal cuz some people like me who have spent hard earned cash into building our dream cars dont want to be crashed into cuz you think youre the crap after seeing a damn movie. who else feels me on this one?

Lots of rice, lots of Nissans, and an RB26DETT powered Mustang.

It was wierd, they pulled the Skyline motor out of an S15.

Swapping an RB into a S13/14/15 isn't uncommon.

I didn't think it was that bad. Then again, I didn't take it too seriously. I saw the cars, liked a few of them, and some were really lame. I still enjoyed the movie.

have you seen the new i think its modified mag? its got all the cars from it and a breakdown of all of them, pretty interesting actually, had some sttats about the movie like there were 25 cars that had nitrous bottles in tthem, but 0 actually had the capability to use it, they got 4,000 brand new tires for the movie, and only 2k were used, the most wheel changes they had in one day of filming was 50, just crazy stuff, really interesting tho, showed 0-60s and 1/4 miles on all the cars from 2 fast and tokyo drift, but then at the end they showed a picture of the cars that were mashed, brand new volk rims n all, just all piled on eachother, i wanted to cry

Swapping an RB into a S13/14/15 isn't uncommon.

I dont know about the S15, why would you swap a heavier motor in for 75 horsepower? I would rather build that motor and throw more boost at it. Whatever, its just a movie.

Did you know the S15 was supposed to come with an RB26 in the first place?

Not a bad movie, the NSX and the rx-7 were nice, and yea it was a good story line...well kinda, haha the kid from Tool Time or whatever that show was had a viper...POS

There was a Home Improvement marathon on a couple of days ago, I love that show. While watching I realized Richard Karn and John Bonham look exactly alike.

Karn

richard_karn.jpg

Bonham

john_bonham_biography.jpg

they had a silver charger in this one,timmy.it was sweeter than all the other cars put together.it was only onscreen for a minute at the end so it might have made it out alive.look for F&F 4 next summer with vin and the charger

Well I actually ended up seeing it today, and it was pretty good! Waaaay better than the first two ones, this one actually had an interesting story.

Only thing that pissed me off is the theater jacked the price of tickets up to $8 >_<

I dont know about the S15, why would you swap a heavier motor in for 75 horsepower? I would rather build that motor and throw more boost at it. Whatever, its just a movie.

Did you know the S15 was supposed to come with an RB26 in the first place?

Better strength.. the SR20 is rated to 350 whp on the stock block and the RB is rated to 500-600 whp. Built it can take up to 1,000+.. so, I see why.. lol.

No, I didn't know that.. makes sense though.

f*ck that movie they ruined the dodge charger.

Yeah, like the 1977 version.. who gives a crap.

Archived