is a b16b a good engine

EK HATCH

i wanted to know if a b16b is a good engine

depends ..are you just wanting a good hp dependable swap? or are you wanting to drop something in you can build...and get stupid hp? if so then i would go b20 if you are going big hp...there is no replacement for displacement! but yea in my opinion b16 is a good engine...and if im not mistaken a b16b is a civic type r motor... i wouldn't drop that kind of money for that engine...if you are going to spend that much money for one just go K series man....but it really is up to you! good luck with it! hope my 2 cents helped!

i just want a fast rare motor i heard that motor reved to 9000rpm

if you want rare then a b17 motor should be found. but just because its rare doesnt mean its fast. if i were you i would get a gsr, b18a/b motor. then do as you wish with it

just cause something revs high doesnt mean its fast

+1

i just want a fast rare motor i heard that motor reved to 9000rpm

but in this case it does mean that.

and no, it revs to 8500.

damnit beat me to it :dry:

i love the B16B, theyre great for autocross.. nicely geared trannys, great throttle reponse, and durable..

but if you want big power with a b series, i say go red top b18c/b18c5, they respond a little better to mods than a b16, with a built bottom end IE: low comp pistons, rods, and sleeve job then boost and youll put gobbs of power to the wheels. the tricky part is to get all that power to the ground

Archived