3rd times a charm

cmgogo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i honeslty hate red.. but im happy with how it looks on my car.. i much rather had it painted green or white.

That's funny... I have Green and would have liked Red. BUT, I really like my car...

step by step pics on the rear disc conversion please. hope ya get to feelin better. been sick meself for about a week now.

There are more then one step by step with large pictures on H-T. It is what I used to do my conversion.

hay a p28 should have no problems running a b7 yeah? Ill get the cel for no vtec, but other than that I should be fine. Reason im asking is im going to either build or order a milspec harness (firewall plug and all) for when i do my tuck/brake tuck, and most places only offer harnesses for a p28, and well i know where i can get one for dirt cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

well think ive gotten my paint chosen, looks like im going to go for the HoK KBC11, its their candy apple red base, probably going to do 4 coats of then 3 or more coats of clear. Not looking forward to the price tag on this. And thats assuming ill ever get fking paid by the VA (yeah still havent gotten paid, latest rumor is monday)

• 2 weeks later...

still no updates, ill take some pics today of the car though if i get time from picking up pop (my rat) from the vet, finish wiring in the outlet for the new hotwater heater, and a few other things. and no.... still havent been paid. Supposedly getting paid either xmas eve or the week after.... yeah heard that one before.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay kiddies, VA finaly told me they are going to pay me the 4.5k+ they owe me, so you know what this means

PAINT!

KBC11_BC25.jpg

Ultimately decided on KBC11 (Kandy Apple Red Pearl)

And I am scrapping the JMAGS, instead the Si fat 5's are going to a shop to get them refinished (curb scratches from P/O) then off to the powder coater to get the faces powdered in Antricite Pearl

3951.jpg

(that color, just on my fat 5's)

Also the side faces will be mirror polished, then clear powdered.

Also going to be ordering a new headunit

23887.JPG

The JVC KC-AVX77. 5.4" screen, single din, OSD touch screen.

SO for the next few weeks (while i wait for the VA to get off their asses and pay me) Im going to be swapping motors on the dakota to get it outa the garage, then pulling the solvic back in, welding up new hood hinges for it (the hood doesnt sit perfect) finishing the antenna shave (still need to put body filler in and sand it) and fixing all the little dents and dings, mounting the mugen spoiler, and ordering new targa seals for it (my old seals will be replacing the 93 seals on the boosted sol), new carpet, new windshield (with tint bar)

So hopefully in 2 months you will see a very clean, very nice red solvic ;)

The only thing im not going to have them bother painting is the engine bay, as it will be getting a coat of rhino liner once i swap motors (z6 im working on, and will be putting a carb legal kit onto since i dunno if ill ever end up moving to cali or not Kit ill be ordering in about 6 months.

And yes... ill be taking pictures.

First things first, gotta order the crate motor for the dakota!

• 8 months later...

SEB!

Need ya to PS something for me

My car but with sunset bronze mica, paint code 4u3

4T3BK3BB7AU040494-1.jpg

Picture001.jpg

... yeah I think I might have changed my mind again. Thinking Im going to go black and tan on the interior.

I dont know if I told ya guys, but the rewrap job I did on the interior is starting to peel back. Turns out the "professional" 3M adhesive I used SUCKS, so Ill be wrapping the panels in Carbon/Zylon

bronze%20carbon%20fiber%20zylon%20hybrid.jpg

Ill be wet setting and creating a new set of upper panels for the door panel (the part that is red on my car now) as well as the rear speaker covers and the rear cover (pretty much everything that I wrapped red earlier). Ill be changing out my lights to amber LEDs in the cluster and HVAC console, ill also be "rebuilding" my iggees covers (and reinforcing the bolsters) with a dark tan suede to replace the red stripes. Im hoping to have all of this done by mid summer. Motor is almost done was well, getting sent off to the machine shop next month for a linehone, full balance, knife edged crank, block knotching, as well as a new valve set cut. Im going to be doing a homebrew PnP job (been reading my ass off the last few months).

Anyways, seb help me out here!

Archived