3rd times a charm

cmgogo

Okay write up time

Bought for $500, good motor (more on that later) si trans, good seals, etc. Unibody was still good (drove straight since all damage was forward of the suspension) So over about 6 months i worked on it to bring it back to a DD status, and am continually getting parts for it.

So far

Eg front end, interior rewrap, hid projectors, bored over d15b7 @ 1.7L putting down 151hp and apx 120ftlbs tq. Focal 165a1\'s up front, focal 27v2 11\" in the trunk (yes 11\', its an odd size, but like the components up front sound beautiful) full skunk2 suspension (springs, shocks, upper a arms, ucas (lcas on order) set of fat 5\'s and new rubber (picked up for 100 bucks) all belts, hoses, head bolts, dizzy, plugs, wires, radiator, waterpump, oil pump, replaced. and lots more as well. So now for the pics

Ill try to go chronologicly

redemption1.jpg

redemptiontrailer5.jpg

redemptiontrailer4.jpg

redemptiontrailer3.jpg

redemptiontrailer2.jpg

redemptiontrailer1.jpg

redemptiontarp.jpg

redemptioninterior1.jpg

reargar.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010005-2.jpg

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Bump for Moar.

Constructive Critisim appreciated.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are those ants in that pic of the stripped interior?

Why the choice to put machine work on a b7 instead of finding a z6 or zc to start as a base for working up from?

why bore out the d15 so much? seems like the would really compromise the strength of the cylinder walls. i know you do a slight bore to clean them up. what other supporting mods for the engine (intake from block to filter, head, pistons, cam, etc..)?

I didnt do the work on the motor, turns out the motor was built 10 years ago by a shop, and the P/O bought it not knowing what it was. I didnt realize it until i did my timing belt and was bored and decided to pull the head while i was at it.

anyways moar pics

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010007-2.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010022-1.jpg

P1010024-1.jpg

2009_08070009.jpg

2009_08070008.jpg

2009_08070007.jpg

2009_08140002.jpg

2009_08140010.jpg

2009_08140012.jpg

2009_08140013.jpg

2009_08180004.jpg

009.jpg

2009_09160019.jpg

2009_09160017.jpg

2009_09160016.jpg

2009_09160015.jpg

2009_09160014.jpg

2009_09160013.jpg

okay that was odd, i had them all laid out, but apparent i copied somehwere oh well, anyways moar pics.

2009_09160012.jpg

2009_09250012.jpg

2009_09250013.jpg

2009_10040001.jpg

2009_10040002.jpg

2009_10100008.jpg

2009_10100005.jpg

2009_10100006.jpg

2009_10100002.jpg

2009_10100001.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

And this is how she is as of today

DSCF0162.jpg

Picture001.jpg

So no dyes or paint was used on the interior, i did a complete rewrap. I have a mugen replica spoiler on the way (should be here next wed) and am ordering DSt mats (interior and trunk) once i get paid. Have a few more bugs to work out, but once I get it painted, get the rims cleaned up, do the rear disc conversion (possible 5 lug conversion dunno yet) and do some other small things like finishing the antenna shave, it will be done for a while. Def want to get new carpet though, but that will be after the winter for sure.

Figureing eventually I will end up swapping in a z6 that I have been building and will be mounts a JRSC to it (wanna do something different rather than the ol HMT)

But when all is said and done, it was def worth the 500 I paid.

Oh well, none for my seats.

Is it the camera angle, lighting or is the seam in the fender a little wavy? Hard to tell from the pic. I do like the fitment you achieved. The spacing around the headlights is just about perfect. On Sara's conversion the fit on the lights is a bit off.

Tahnk you thank you. I got the fitment pretty good on the front end however the fenders back towards the cab have some pretty big gap w/ the hood, so im going to have to shim it out a bit. And yes the fenders are a little wavy, but when i get ready to paint I will be fixing that with all of the little dings and dents.

As far as how long it will last, im hoping quite a bit longer, otherwise you probably wont be hearing from me for 10-15 years depending on how guilty the jury would find be of murder or assault. hehe. Ive already had it on the road now for about 3 months, and so far everything is going great (knocks on wood).

The seat covers are iggees, fitment is pretty damn good, i wish however they would have continuted the red stripe on the bottom panel a bit longer, but i have to go refit them anyways now that I have stretched them out a little bit.

Also audio will be upgraded a little bit soon, have a set of coax focal 165c1's coming in soon that will be installed in the rear speaker mounts, they will also be amped (that amp I have is a 755.6, so 2 chanels front, 2 chanels rear, and 2 chanels bridged to my sub) so that will be awsome. The RQP's are sound deadened (it sucked getting my fat arm in there to lay the mat) and filled with poly fill. As well as every void and hollow space in that car (the interior panels like the shift surround, dash, rear bins, have all had a combination of poly fill and CCF to help deaden road noise and keep the panels from rattleing durring hard bass. So yeah im not exagerating when i say 160+ man hours went into just the sound deadening of this car. Pretty much the only thing i really NEED to get fixed is the HVAC switch, it only works in the "4" position, which is rather annoying, so gotta get a new switch, but need to wait for the VA to get off their asses and pay me my GI bill that I have been waiting for since august :(

oh and mike wtf are your talking about #15?

wow that silver one looks like your old one when u got it..

yah i herd good things about those seat covers.. but then iherd they dont fit that good better then any seat cover but its still a seat cover..

Sarah whats up? :)

Preston, they fit like a champ, you just got to work em a little bit, fresh outa the box they dont look so good because they are so tight you cant work with them really. Now that I have sat in them for a week and had a chance to stretch them out, they are alot better

Also that siver one is thomas' sol (aka lincorp)

ya, i cant wait to get mine painted finaly

this is the color

31ru-tH0IeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Im thinking of having the fat 5's powder coated as well in this with the "H" emblem on the centercaps filled with the firethorn red

Gun%20Metal.jpg

Right now its just a process of waiting to get paid. Glad to see they finaly got the work done on yours though and out of the shop :D

Sarah whats up? :)

Preston, they fit like a champ, you just got to work em a little bit, fresh outa the box they dont look so good because they are so tight you cant work with them really. Now that I have sat in them for a week and had a chance to stretch them out, they are alot better

Also that siver one is thomas' sol (aka lincorp)

can u take more pix of the seats for me it be great

they say you dont have to, but i highly recomend doing it out of the car, i mean it only takes like 5-10 minutes to pull the seats anyways, its just 4 bots per seat and 1 wire harness on the drivers side. Ill take pics marrow when i get a chance.

Thanks seb, actually its mounted to a piece of wood that i bolted to the rear wall using the ABS controller mounting points since i dont have ABS. Also hard to say whats better or worse, but i can tell you that I am using alot higher grade audio equipment than i was in my last, and I can tell you my new system sounds fawking amazing, and my road noise is ALOT less than me last sol had. So I feel there is a huge difference, but i dont have a before and after using the same equipment.

Archived