How to upgrade a car

TheBigCarp321

Engine swap? A "B" series swap, every one but the non vtec B18's is at least 160 HP.

Or, lots of mods, intake, header, exhaust, cams, cam gears, throttle bodies, intake manifold, internals, valves, fuel systems...etc....

Or throw a supercharger or trubo on your car.

A shot of Nos maybe?

I think that about covers as for upgrading.

"Search" is your friend too.

Well, the only superchargers I really know of are the Jackson Racing Superchargers, and the Vortech Superchargers. I dont know about used, but for the JRSC your looking at at least 2000 for pretty good gains all throughout the powerband, not to mention its 50 state legal so you dont have to worry about a fix-it ticket. I cant say much on the VSC, but all I do know about it, it offers alot of power from it, but is pretty expensive.

And a supercharger is slightly like a turbo, though instead of using exhaust gas to spin a turbine it uses a pulley conected to the engine, I think on the crank pulley, not 100% sure on that one. Of which that pully spins a fan that sucks alot more air into your engine. So theres virtually no lag because its running off your engine rather than exhaust gas.

I dont know all the technical stuff, as my description is probally wrong in some areas. And yes they will work with you having a auto.

Hey Big, I own the same car you do and I know the feeling because when I bought my car I thought wooo... what can I do to make it better. It sucks you know when you check out www.honda.com and go to the acura side of it they hook em up with side skirts, rims, good hp engine, but not honda. So what I say is that you check out ebay/motors.com for some insight on what you would like your car to look like, or on what to mod it with. My honda's black by the way. Anyways new halo lights just came out for the 2005 there's body kits, rimz, headers, foglights - as i noticed your missing those (me too) and i'd suggest h.i.d. to top it off. How's that exhaust working for you?

• 2 weeks later...

grab onto your muffler and see if you can shake it side to side (you should be able to) because your exhaust is held on with rubber grommet kind of things it can move from side to side. it is vibrating because when you turn left it is just barely touching your bumper and causing a loud vibrating noise. my buddys car also does that.

What do you mean an auxiliry, i did find out what the vibe was though it is rubbing up against it, im gonna try and find something fireproof to attach to the underside of the car so it doesnt make that noise anymore.

Archived