ls vtec or b18c

burplecrx90

ls vtec or b18c  

36 members have voted

1. 1. ls vtec or b18c

• ls vtec
    • b18c
    • or nethier

a cr vtec is better in my opinion like the ls vtec and a b18c1 is ok but i like to build my pride not buy it already built i think other people will agree cause you can say i built this motor instead of i bought it like this

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a cr vtec is better in my opinion like the ls vtec and a b18c1 is ok but i like to build my pride not buy it already built i think other people will agree cause you can say i built this motor instead of i bought it like this

I agree! haha and on the opposite I have Total Performance Racing build me a brand new lsvtec engine? I have an excuse though..."OIF III"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
YO VTEC IS FAST crap, U CANT BEA THAT SERIOUSLY LOL. I TRIED ONCE IN MY OLD INTEGRA AND I WAS LIKE OH crap I GOT TOASTED. BUT I HAD LIKE MY FRIENDS IN THE CAR SO THERE WAS EXTRA WIEGHT AND crap MAYBE I COULDA WON IF WE DIDNT EA BURGERS FIRST LOL

Go kill yourself.

I vote LS/LS-VTEC.

Depends on how much you know...

If you are ABLE to build an LS/VTEC than I would say sure.. go that route.

But, If you dont know your ass from your elbow like me when it comes to reubilding/building an engine, than go with the GSR. (Like I did >.<)

LSVTEC is the best combo for boost imo. CRVTEC , you run more chance of having prolems if you boost that engine. due to its long stroke(89mm) and fairly short rods(137mm). in less words , that engine feels a beaten more so than others do under boost conditions. but you keep that N/A bbs and cam it out , throw some pistons and rods in it yourself , aim for about 11.5:1 and youd be sitting at around 260 whp maybe. maybe bit more who knows , im assuming on the gains as ive never seen one. that would be a good engine to run NOS in as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, 260 WHP? LMAO.

cranny, my LSVTEC will have this:

GSR head

crower springs/retainers, w/ matching stage 2's

headwork from Rocket motorsports (port, chamber work, valve job)

havn't decided on pistons yet, but prolly b16 - should be a little over 12:1

header

intake

intake manifold

full exhaust

motor mount bushings to help get that HP to the ground

and i am not expecting anywhere 260.

i thought you knew more than that? you act like you do....

man you think you're tough, and you just know everything don't you?

i say i retract my last statement, but in all true aspects, if you did say a simple crvtec with cams, pistons, and rods would touch 260 WHP, you would be seriously wrong.

i made a mistake.

so, shut your big mouth, be a man, and walk away.

unless you want to act like a 3 year old and drag it on and say i have a big mouth?

its up to you, i don't care either way.

LOL, thats all, just laugh. cranny isnt being tough, hes as sweet as little baby jesus on a friday night. notice all the lol's, hes simply being sarcastic and ya gota come in here getting all offended and such. sounded to me like cranny is kidding, but thats just my perspective.

if you're talking about me saying my setup, is because the 2 engines are very comparable.

whatever, i'm done. if there was any misunderstanding on mine or crannie's parts, i'm sorry, not worth dragging on.

i've just had a pissy last few days, so if i offended anyone, i'm sorry.

and here's a hug you for cranny - in a not homo way.:huggles:

Archived