36 members have voted

1. 1. ls vtec or b18c

• ls vtec
    • b18c
    • or nethier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i heard about that crv-vtech but i havent seen any one workin on it around here....my cousin was planning on doing that but right now..hes just goin to take whatever engine he gets a hold on whether its a sohc vtek or LS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YO VTEC IS FAST crap, U CANT BEA THAT SERIOUSLY LOL. I TRIED ONCE IN MY OLD INTEGRA AND I WAS LIKE OH crap I GOT TOASTED. BUT I HAD LIKE MY FRIENDS IN THE CAR SO THERE WAS EXTRA WIEGHT AND crap MAYBE I COULDA WON IF WE DIDNT EA BURGERS FIRST LOL

I'd go w/ the B18c(1) GSR since it is a factory built combo, then build it up further myself. Frankenstein motors risk more room for error. I'd rather take the strong platform DOHC vtec instead of creating the same thing f/ 2 seperate engines and build it from there.

Unless you're planning on doing some serious racing at the track, I think the B18C1 would be better. Get that motor and throw a good turbo on it and have about 250whp which would be plenty with moderate boost. It would cost less to build the B18C1 than an LS/Vtec and you could spend the extra $$ building the B18C1 for higher boost.

Yeah but CR-VTEC<Turbo B18C1.

Would cost about the same money, assuming you didn't already have a gsr....then it's obvious which would be cheaper.

not all the time. bigger cams, higher compression, and other small things would put a CR-VTEC at 250+whp.

depending on turbo, tuning, how much psi, injectors, and such, that's about B18C1 turbo hp.....an N/A car doesn't have to wait for a turbo to spool either.

so, a turbo B18C1 will not always beat a CR-VTEC.

I'd agree that a stock bottom end B18C1 with a decent turbo would put out about 250whp, but I had no idea you could get that out of a CR-Vtec n/a. I guess it all depends on what you are swapping it into and the ultimate goal of the project, cause wouldn't the CR-Vtec weigh alot more than a B18C1? If swapping it into a CRX or older civic, or del sol, it would really make the car handle like crap.

How much torque would a CR-Vtec with 250 whp have? That could be a substantial difference between the two.

I'd agree that a stock bottom end B18C1 with a decent turbo would put out about 250whp, but I had no idea you could get that out of a CR-Vtec n/a. I guess it all depends on what you are swapping it into and the ultimate goal of the project, cause wouldn't the CR-Vtec weigh alot more than a B18C1? If swapping it into a CRX or older civic, or del sol, it would really make the car handle like crap.

How much torque would a CR-Vtec with 250 whp have? That could be a substantial difference between the two.

a turbo B18C1 would weigh quite a bit more than a CR-VTEC. all B series engines weigh roughly the same, but instead of having to deal with the weight of a header on the B18C1, you'd have a turbo manifold, turbo, downpipe, intercooler piping, and all that stuff.

anything with a B series swap will handle just fine. in fact, my del Sol was designed with a B16A3 stock.

Archived