CD Player Error Code

michelek

Hello all,

I have a 2000 honda civic. One day when I put in a 2 week old store bought CD and it got to a particular track it started messing up. Kind of like it was skipping or something. I took it out and didn't play any CD's for the rest of that day. The next morning on my way to work when I tried to put in CD's an error code of E-00 comes up on the screen of the CD player and then it spits the CD back out without playing it at all. I looked in the user manual and it says make sure the CD isn't scratched, damaged, or inserted incorrectly. I did all of that including using several different store bought CD's. I waited a week and put a CD in and then it played the CD. Now for the past few days, the CD player may work at times, but the majority of the time it will say E-00. Would anyone know what would be wrong? I've taken my car down to AutoZone and checked the engine, battery, and alternater and they are all good, so I'm guessing it's just something with the CD player. I'd hate to buy a whole new CD player if this one can be fixed. I thought about calling Honda to see if they would give me ideas over the phone. I don't want to take it down to Honda and they charge me $100 to fix it.

Thanks!

At the time that it gave me the E-00 error code I was trying to play a regular CD, not burned. Also, of all the 4 years I've had it, I've never had any problems with playing a burned CD;they played the same as the other ones.

oh, i thought you said you installed the unit after 2 weeks of purchasing it. sorry, i have nothing to advise you on. perhaps its still under warranty??? ever thought about cleaning the head unit with the special CD "cleaner"?

sounds like its having trouble reading cd's. do you live down a dusty road or anything like that that may cause dust to get inside your car a lot? you could probably just clean it with a cd cleaner thing like tlonthedl said.

is it the stock cd player? if it is you can probably pick up another stock cd player pretty cheap if you don't want to go aftermarket.

It's the CD player that came with the car when I bought it. I'm not sure how I'm going to clean it though. The CD Player won't accept the "CD cleaner" CD that I have been using in the past. It just spits it out. I think maybe I could take it to Circuit City/Best Buy for them to maybe take the whole CD player out and clean it or see what's wrong with it. I'm thinking like you all that it just needs cleaning or needs to be reset or something. I'll see if I can find the CD player code in the glove compartment or maybe some paperwork. Thanks!

you should call honda about it. you don't necessarily have to have them fix it, but call them up or go see them and ask them about the problem.

Archived