H22A

BlackNova

Hey guys!

Okai, one day, I got an idea...put a prelude engine in a CRX, then turbocharge it! But I am not sure if it is possible without serious modifications. So I was wondering if someone could help me out and give me some insight about this topic.

Thanks for any advice!!

-G

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man...I was wondering also about what size turbo i could put in it? i dont want anything too small thats not gonna make some real power, but i dont want anything too big so i have a lot of lag and a hard time fitting it. And what is a good company? I was thinking Greddy...

bbs is right. u are gona wana throw DOT legal street slicks to get good traction. a short throw is a must. also you can turbo your h22a but just get low comp pistons and a lil work on your internals and youll be fine. i would reccomend a t3/t4 hybrid or a HKS GT2835 Pro S Turbo. specs on the HKS are as follows:

HKS GT2835 Pro S - 420 PS Output

COMPRESSOR:

-Wheel- 56 Trim - 53.1 Inducer / 71.1 Major

-Housing- 100 Inlet / 50 Outlet - 0.50 A/R

TURBINE:

-Wheel- 84 Trim - 56.5 Major / 51.8 Exducer

-Housing- T3 inlet / Outlet spec:

Internal GT-Pro; 0.68, 0.87 A/R

that will make for a nice turbo setup and some nice boosting

H22a is a strong motor but your suspension would be a bitch, and turning! why not just drop a b18c t3/t4 in it? A b16a2 waxes a h22a and a b18c would rape the h22a. plus The b18c is better for boost :bow:

um, the H22 has more HP and a lot more torque than the B16, and also has more power the the B18C.

YO YOU MUST BE THE ONLY OTHER PERSON I HAVE HEARD SAY THE Y WANT A H22 ON A CRX CAUSE IM LIKE DIEING TO DO THAT TO.I JUST WENT TO SOME WEBSITE FOR SWAP INFO ON THE SUBJECT AND IT SAID THAT THAT COMBINATION IS NOT STREET LEGAL. I WANT TO KEEP LOOKIN INTO IT , BUT DONT PUNK OUT AND GET WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS ON A CRX (B16) BE DIFFRENT GO FOR IT CAUSE IM TIRED OF SEE TRASHY IMPORTS IN MAGAZINES AND CAR SHOWS WITH TROPIES,JUST CAUSE IT HAS A CUSTOM PAINT JOB.:devil:

???what A b16a2 is weaker then a h22a but which car is bigger? a perlude or a civic crx wit a b16a2? Think about it a civic with a b16a2 WILL TAKE a h22a in a lude and a civic with a b18c1 will RAPE a lude with a h22a. How do I know? Cause I have a civic with a b16a2 and my friend has a civic with a b18c1 and we both have a friend who has a lude with the h22a in it. I've seen it with my own eyes. :mad:

???what A b16a2 is weaker then a h22a but which car is bigger? a perlude or a civic crx wit a b16a2? Think about it a civic with a b16a2 WILL TAKE a h22a in a lude and a civic with a b18c1 will RAPE a lude with a h22a. How do I know? Cause I have a civic with a b16a2 and my friend has a civic with a b18c1 and we both have a friend who has a lude with the h22a in it. I've seen it with my own eyes. :mad:

H22A CRX > B16 or B18C1 CRX

Hey man i had the same idea for a f***king crx like that too! I wanted the f*cking h22a because of the bigg horsepower numbers and because of the crx' is lite as hell. I do think theres hope with putting in the h22a, but youd prolly have to find a donor car to steal all of the neccesary crap from it. I think its good god damn idea and i hope that i wont be the first to do it. good luck to both yall with the same idea oh yea and i think a crx with an h22a will kick any b16a or b18c ass youve got

why not just dropp a b16a or b18c in it? the h22a won't turn good un less you want a car that only goes staright. I think the only up to the h22a is the price

stiffer springs would help that and better suspension upgrades. then move the battery to the back and you'll be fine.

ya but all that work? I still think a b18c would dominate think about it! But hey what ever ya want to do but i would go with the b18c, but i supose if you want a DRAG car to run on a DRAG strip and not a everyday ride an h22a would kill. And who was the f*g who said that there is no such thing as a JDM b16a2? Sir II >>>>>>>its JDM basterd !!!

JDM honda engines don't have numbers at the end. therefore, there is no JDM B16A2. the B16A2 is in the 6th gen Civic Si.

all that work? it's not as easy as a B series swap, but the H22 would completely rape a B16A or B18C1 CRX.

I'm gay because I know what I'm talking about? I'm not the one with flames on my car calling everyone out and calling everyone racist names.

I'll take a picture of my engine code it says B16A and its the SirII which is JDM

I only attack when being attacked.

Doyou know how many show cars have flame graphics on them? My car is all for show and I just have the engine to back it up. All show is gay

ok then, you don't have a B16A2 :)

who was attacking you? what did I do to deserve being called a homosexual?

I'm all for some flames on a car or truck if they look good, but IMO yours don't look good and that car is not show quality. a B16A isn't that much go either.

how old are you?

???what A b16a2 is weaker then a h22a but which car is bigger? a perlude or a civic crx wit a b16a2? Think about it a civic with a b16a2 WILL TAKE a h22a in a lude and a civic with a b18c1 will RAPE a lude with a h22a. How do I know? Cause I have a civic with a b16a2 and my friend has a civic with a b18c1 and we both have a friend who has a lude with the h22a in it. I've seen it with my own eyes. :mad:>

<but what happens when you put the h22a in the same car that the b16 is in?  didn't think about that?>

I don't think his mind were reaching that far :laugh: Because it says itself almost. The Prelude is WAAYY heavier than the small, light CRX.

I won 3rd at the drop jaw car show a few months back, I'm 17...18 in a few months and I've been working like a dog to mod my car.. Everyone started diss'n the car wehn i tried to sell it so fawk em all. :stupid: what the hell does that mean honda freak? Lets face it it would be easier to drop a b18c in a crx then an h22a. Would it be woth an extra what 40 hps? When you could easly mod the b18c to gain 40hps. Anyway drop it Whoever started this post do WHAT YOU WANT, and best of luck to ya

Archived