K24A2/K24A2 Being Borrowed

D-Dub

Hello all,

I know this is a Honda forum, forgive me senpais for bringing outsider questions to our sacred home. I have some questions, and I'm looking for opinions on the engine choices. And the overall swap.

I've been digging around different forums, parts sites, kit sellers etc etc. I've come across Kmiata.

( https://kmiata.com/collections/kmiata-swap-parts/products/ultimate-k24-miata-swap-conversion-package?variant=31087681159)

They sell an entire kit for a rather pricey lump of about $5,300 .This swap uses the K24A2/K24A4 powerplant out of various Honda and Acura cars. The engine I'm considering can be sourced for about $1,300 with relatively low miles and the only thing left to worry about are a few odds and ends I would say no more than $300. My math skills tell me that puts the swap price right around $6,900. Obviously there are other options for similar and a little more money. BUT $7,000 for a naturally aspirated, 200hp, low mileage, non-modified engine that will be inserted into an NA '92 Miata I feel is a pretty solid daily sporty car. Any and all opinions, positive and negative are welcome.

Side Note,

Yes I know "But it's a Miata. Why would you waste a K24?" I know some people will think that. Frankly, I'm a Miata guy just as much I'm a Honda Fanboy. I have a 9th gen 2015 Civic Si that my girlfriend dailies and we love it. While I won't disregard criticism based solely on not liking Mazda/Miata's, I'd like a little more substance.

​​​​​​​Thank you all.

Archived