CR-V Air Controls

I am on my second CR-V. First was 2003 & second is 2016 EX. I am a little confused over what I am seeing when using the air flow controls on the dash and wondering if I should take it in. I figure I'd ask here before spending time at the dealer. I understand that when I switch to to what I dash vents and floor that the floor is much hotter than the vents. That has always mystified me, but the dealer says that is the design, so I got used to it years ago. What has me confused now is that when I use this configuration on the new one I hardly get any air out of the dash vents. I feel the heat on my feet but if I turn the fan up to full speed there is just a slight bit of air dripping out of the dash vents. The old one never worked like this and I am wondering if this is a new design or maybe the system isn't opening the dash vents properly.

Like I stated, before a trip to the dealer I'd like to know what others experience if they use this configuration.

Thanks

Archived