oil and water in 1 cylinder -head gasket??

JEWELLWORKS

i have a 2002 Honda Civic LX 1.7. i had the timing belt replaced about 2 years ago, and drove the car for a while, then bought another one. it sat for about a year, then i decided to put it back into service. it ran ok for a while, but then developed a really bad miss-fire. i assumed it was the coils going bad (been there before...) but when i went to change them out, i saw that one of the cylinders (no.4) was soaking wet with oil and water. the other coils looked fine, and i never did replace them, but im positive that wetness was the cause of my miss-fire problems. -but whats causing the wetness?

the color of the oil on the dipstick looks fine, and no water dripping from the exhaust. the oil/water mixture was where the spark plug is. i saw it right away as i pulled out the coil. i used a rag to soak up as much of the wetness as i could before removing the spark plug. the plug itself looked dark around the 'spark part". i let it air out for a while, put it all back together (with the original nasty spark plug) and it didnt run any better than before.

the head gasket set was replaced when they did the timing belt (or so i was told). is this a head gasket problem? or something else, and maybe a smaller problem?? -like what? what else should i be testing? im "this" close to selling the car, and i really dont want to put any money into it.

looking for hope..

thanx

• 3 weeks later...

Archived