D series to B series swap

rawdogit

depends on which B series engine you want for pricing.. are you buying a complete swap or just the long block or a short block?

there are MANY threads about this topic all over the interwebs but since this forum is soo dead ill answer the question

if you get a complete swap (motor, trans, harness, ecu, axles) then all you really need is a tune, motor mounts, and shift linkage.. everything else is plug and play (radiator hoses etc)

also make sure if your car doesnt have a rear T bracket then make sure you get one.. not sure if they still sell them at honda but last time i did a B series swap i went to honda and ordered a EM1 rear T bracket. My opinion on mounts would be hasport, thats the only aftermarket mounts i have ever run and i love them.. it's up to you to decide if you want OEM replacement mounts or stiffer racing mounts.. the race mounts will cause your car to shake because the mounts are not allowing the motor to shake so the motor vibration will shake the car. as for axles you can run autozone axles if you want but they will break if you like to do diggs, they do have a lifetime warranty so if you break them you can have it replaced free its just a lot of work to do.. i would look into driveshaft shop axles. and finally the tune, if i was you i would just get hondata S300 seeing that if you ever want to do more to the car (boost, high comp NA build) then you wont have to buy another chip S300 allows the tuner to connect direct into the ECU and tune and you can datalog if something were to happen to your car and email the datalog to your tuner and they can help find the issue with the car..

that should be about everything you need to know to swap a B series into the car..

Archived