New Member, First Car.

Levi Peterson

So, yesterday, I got my first car. It was a birthday present, and it is a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe. It is fully loaded with power everything, Sunroof, aftermarket rims, and has the V6 Vtec 3.0 motor. Not too bad for $600. I've been wanting to join the forums for a while now, but I never seen a reason since I never had a Honda, let alone a car. I would definitely love some tips on anything you can help with. Just to help, I want to go for the Stance look, just not to crazy with camber. I'm looking to get coilovers or lowering springs for it, if anyone can help where to get those, that would be greatly appreciated. I will keep you posted on the build, and I will probably be documenting it for YouTube. Any suggestions at all would just be nice! :D

Pics:

4quZHYE.jpg

Wb96Wkr.jpg

kHV9t23.jpg

welcome to the forum, its quite dead around here but some of us OG's still lurk around here in the shadows lol

how many miles are on the J30? i did the whole stance thing.. if you ask me if you want to do stance and save your underbody get bags but bags arent cheap.. if you want to be low and functional id say get a damperkit.. i rode static in my wagon with a damperkit and it broke soo many parts is was annoying

this was my setup last year, wheels were 16x9.5 -10offset (4.5 inch lip) with -5.5 degrees camber front and -6.2 degrees rear.

10393984_10203736825324709_9108898846244

a good website to order parts from is www.JHPUSA.com im not sure if they will have much for the J30 accord but JHP is one of my favorite sites to order from.. also if you want to look for some super JDM tyte parts there is ICB motorsports (www.jdmland.com)

look forward to seeing your build, hopefully you stick around because its annoying that this forum has been this dead for this long

Thanks for the reply, Im looking for a nice low and functional fitment. If you can show me some good cheap dampers that would be awesome. And I was wondering, I ran the OBD code reader today on it and got P0401 and P0780. My dad thinks the 780 is a shifting Module or just the Transmission need cleaned and new oil. But the 401 has something to do with that exhaust and we don't know exactly what the cause could be. Also, these are the rims I was looking to get in 18in. Thought on how wide I should go? Like I said Im new and I know the basics to a car, Im just not an expert yet lol. XXR 527:

XCEZYbY.jpg

Also, I love your car. And Ill be sure to keep people posted for sure!

Ps: There are around 150k miles.

if you ask me about wheels you'll get the same answer every time, dont buy replica wheels. save your money and buy some nice authentic wheels and save the ones that are on your car for winter time

as for suspension i have never personally used FNF's but i have only heard great things about FnF Type II's the price isnt bad at all for a full coilover kit (damperkit) they have 32 levels of dampening adjustment (-16 soft / +16 stiff) and if you are wanting to be low then i would get these and ride quite stiff, you'll have less cushon in the ride and it will ride quite harsh but you will have less of a chance of slapping your oil pan on the ground. i ran full stiff with my oil pan 1.5 inches off the ground and never destroyed a oil pan but i did destroy my transfer case lol.

FnF Type II's :: http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3794&idcategory=29

you will also need a front and rear camber kit seeing that you'll want camber adjustablility once you aquire the desired wheels you want in the specs you like. i personally adjusted the camber to what i liked by hand then took my car to firestone (they offer lifetime warranty alignments for +/-$200) and had them match the camber to how i liked it so everything worked and wore evenly.. biggest thing you need to do once you install coilovers and/or a camber kit is take it to get an alignment of you will eat through tires because your toe will be out of wack.

as for what you want for wheel specs that is up to you and how much camber you want to run or are willing to run for the desired look.. also you will have to get your fenders rolled, find someone that is extremely good at rolling fenders or you can end up with some horrid fenders and rear quarter panels that look like cooked bacon.

this is one website i used to Custom order my old set of wheels :: www.willtheyfit.com/

EDIT :: i also used www.tyrestretch.com to see what tire spec i wanted to use on my wheels to get the stretch and poke that i wanted

Thanks for the suspension tips! And I would save up to buy the real wheels but, Honestly, I dont know what the real wheels to that rim would be. Also I just wanted something nice just to run since Im still only 17. Im going to try and get 2 or 3 jobs this summer and try to goto H20i sometime next year. I do like those coilovers though. I was looking into a set of Tein(or Tien) from AndysAutoSport.com but I think I like these better. I was going to buy a fender rolling kit that attatches tot he hub and go that route. Also, the black plastic covers in the wheel well, Should they get removed if I am going to lower it?

DONT BUY FROM AAS (andys autosport) you'll be waiting forever for your parts and they sell a lot of replica junk..

im not sure what those XXR's are a copy of but i have seen the spokes on these crack over a lot of use.. you can find authentic wheels for the same price and sometimes lower than rep wheels sell for.. hell i got my 15" Limited edition millennuim white Mugen RNR's for $900 and my 13" Mugen CRX Mugen CF48's for $150. you just have to look and have a bit of patients..

I have patience haha, It took me 2 weeks to get this car. I mean the wheels on it aren't bad, I guess I should save up. But I do got to say, I never wanted a honda but after driving one, Im rethinking my ways lol. Thanks for the help though. Ill be sure to keep people posted on the build and ask you for help if I need any!

this is what i collected from a bit of research..

the 01-02 bumper fits on a 98-00 accord as long as they are the same (coupe and coupe, sedan and sedan).

if you want a 01 sedan bumper on your 00 coupe it will be a lot of custom fabrication but its not impossible

no problem, thats what i am here for

wish more people would join the forum so it could be alive like it used to.. damn facebook groups killed forums :mad:

the splash guards? you dont have to, i pinched mine in so water/dirt/sand wouldnt get up in my door jam or wherever else and cause rust..

if you ask me KEEP them just have the roller pinch them inbetween the lip of the fender, if they know wtf theyre doing theyll do it without you asking them to

Welcome. If you take advice from brian, you may very well end up with something looking like this bag of d!cks. If you listen to anyone else on here, youll be heckled into doing only an "intake, exhaust, wheels, and lip" because they all have to have fncking identical shitwagons.

2d52l5_zpssbzzznnv.jpg

I dont know where else to post a build on the forums so I guess ill keep updating this for now lol. I want all this done by the end of summer, so this is my goal.

-Paint!! I want to patch up some tiny holes in the rear driver fender, replace the missing mirror, and replace the driver door(Rusted out bad near the mirror, on the inside), then sand it all down and paint it. Clean the engine bay up a bit and make it look clean and all. Color: Electric Blue

WtwM6J6.jpg

-Rims! I think my rim specs should be relatively 18x8-8.5 and tires (idk the width, but I want them kinda stretched)x35x18 Im going to want to get either the XXR's or the "Real" version of them(all depends on what money I do have) and paint them a glossy white. Rims:

aMqr3C4.jpg

-Body mods! I want to get a front lip and a roof spoiler, nothing too much. Maybe JDM fenders with the white indicators. Pics:

qv9ZeFD.jpg

YQZauSJ.jpg

zDt2ONS.png

-Suspension! Coilovers and camber kit. Pics:

I7z4Fk1.jpg

-Maybe some slight engine mods!

Please let me know your thoughts! And if you know what tire width I should get that would be very appreciated!! I want to hear your opinions so please tell me, good or bad! Thanks :)

35's are too tiny for doing any stretching and would look awkward because it would leave wheel gap.. i had 205/45's on my 16x9.5 -10's.. also it matters with tire brand about stretch and poke as well

check out tyrestretch.com for ideas

oh also you dont have to get jdm fenders to put in sidemarkers.. buy some sidemarkers with pigtails. get the measurments of where they are located OEM and measure it out yourself then tape off the area you'll be cutting and DIY them and wire them up.. thats how A LOT of people put sidemarkers on their cars. me im not a huge fan of sidemarkers, i like the clean subtle look.

im not sure if XXR offers that wheel in that spec, would be too concave and would put the spokes under a lot of stress causing them to fracture and break easily seeing that XXR's as well as other replica companies cast mold their wheels and do not forge them.. forged >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cast

Archived