Replaced pads, rotors, and calipers 6 times in 4 years. What is the pr

Msmarina

I drive a 2004 Honda Accord V6. I bought it used four years ago, at 78,000 miles. It now has 152,000 miles on it. Since I bought it I have replaced the rear brake pads and rotors 6 times; the rear calipers 3 times; the front pads and rotors twice; and the front calipers once. I am now being told I need to replace the rear pads and calipers yet again - less than a year after I had them replaced the last time. This is obviously a chronic problem with the car. Has anyone else experienced this level of brake failure with this car? Do I have a lemon, or is this a systemic problem with '04 Accords?

Recurring brake problems do not make for a lemon themselves and I do not think your vehicle was prone to any substantial brake problems across that generation.. Did you do the work yourself? If you had a shop do the work many retail garages offer limited lifetime warranties on their brake work. If there is a greater problem going on that they find the warranty might not apply but if nothing looks out of place at least you can get the work re-done for less cost or free.

The thing to check that might cause premature brake problems, particularly when it is happening at different areas of the car, is if there was a substantial accident that happened in the past. Everything else I can think of would not affect different areas like you are seeing.

Archived