New to Honda, need advice

LatinoHeat

Good evening,

I am new to honda and I was looking for some advice. I just purchased a 2002 Honda Civic EX. I'm the kind of guy that likes to upgrade when I have to replace/repair parts. I plan on doing the following very soon and would like some input on what brands to get... Here it goes:

I need new brakes (front and rear)

Want a short shifter

Want new headers and exhaust (keep in mind I live in an area that needs emissions testing every year)

New headlights and taillights

Need new clutch

Would like to install Fog Lights

Car smells like smoke so any recommendations on how to get rid of the ashtray smell would be great

Thats about all I want to do to the vehicle for the time being. Also, if you guys could give me a heads up on what I need to watch out for that is a known issue for these vehicles would be great!

Thank you for taking the time to look at this post and I hope to work with my new Honda family and hope to make you guys proud.

Thanks again!

L.H.

As far as brands are concerned, there are several brake brands. Are you wanting the whole brake package or do you mean brake pads? Brembo makes brakes but they aren't cheap. There are other brands that are slotted and drilled, which are cheaper. Since your car is a honda, you can search google or amazon for brands. They all range in diff prices so choose one within your budget. If you want brake pads, i usually buy akebono (spelling?).

Short shifter: budddy club? blackworks? skunk2?

headers: dc sport?

exhaust: apex? buddyclub? dc sports? 5zigen? greddy? hks? mugen? nuspeed? tanabe?

headlights/tailights: no clue but you can search google or amazon

clutch: act? cm? centerforce? exedy?

foglights: piaa?

As for brakes, I have rear disc conversion which doesn't help much in braking since %70 of your braking power comes from your front wheels, its just easier on the brake pad changes.

A short-shifter adds no kind of gains, it actually messes up synchronizer rings in your transmission because it needs to shift faster than normal, causing them to wear out a lot faster.

Headers and exhaust are totally personalized, you could either go with stainless-steel or ceramic. the best headers would be 4-1 piping instead of 4-2-1.

a new clutch would only give you so much added shifting power before the rest of the clutch assembly begins to wear out. along with your clutch, you'd need an upgraded flywheel and pressure-plate.

fog lights look cool on most Hondas, I say go for it. its best to get a bumper with the holes already built in so you don't have to cut them yourself.

as for the smell... reupholster it, which is costly.

• 1 month later...

Archived