54 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best engine for a del sol

• B16A
    • B18C1
    • exc.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, we'll take off at noon and see who makes it there first. Of course, you leave from wherever your at (new york), and I'm leaving from where I'm at (Missouri).

id totally win, cuz id buy a concorde ticket there then find a red 97 type s and pass it off as my own <3 teeehee j/p

• 1 year later...

omg, where are we? The middle ages? :) K20/K24 > B16, B18, B20, H22 swap. I wouldn't be surprised if a stock K20 was better than a stock H22 even with the H22's extra displacement. Definitely more potential and more choices/variety with the K-series now seeing as they're in so many new Honda vehicles. Definitely better transmission than the H22. And I know my RSX-S shifts WAY nicer than my MT Del Sol. And the K-series weighs about the same as a B-series. With all the issues I've heard about the H22 swap, might as well go one step further. Also the engine is placed further back in the engine bay. I believe the weight distribution is better.

This was definitely available when the topic was first started. Hasport makes the mounts, Hondata allows you to use an RSX/EP3 ECU.

I'm currently in the middle of a K20Z3 (06 Civic Si) swap with my Del Sol.

And to let you all know, I WAS unbiased before the RSX. I did my research and figured I'd go K-series. Instead of doing a swap back then, I just bought an RSX-S. :) Now I'm doing the swap because the RSX-S is too heavy.

Also, the Del Sol isn't as heavy as everyone thinks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

omg, where are we? The middle ages? :) K20/K24 > B16, B18, B20, H22 swap. I wouldn't be surprised if a stock K20 was better than a stock H22 even with the H22's extra displacement. Definitely more potential and more choices/variety with the K-series now seeing as they're in so many new Honda vehicles. Definitely better transmission than the H22. And I know my RSX-S shifts WAY nicer than my MT Del Sol. And the K-series weighs about the same as a B-series. With all the issues I've heard about the H22 swap, might as well go one step further. Also the engine is placed further back in the engine bay. I believe the weight distribution is better.

This was definitely available when the topic was first started. Hasport makes the mounts, Hondata allows you to use an RSX/EP3 ECU.

And to let you all know, I WAS unbiased before the RSX. I did my research and figured I'd go K-series. Instead of doing a swap back then, I just bought an RSX-S. :) Now I'm doing the swap because the RSX-S is too heavy.

I'm new here and was hoping you might be able to help. I'm thinking about buying a 94 Del Sol for $500, the bad is that it has body damage on the side and the motor is is another issue. It has a 1.5 block with a 1.6 head and it's not put together yet. It also has an automatic tranny but he said he would give me a si tranny out of a civic. Do you think I should bother with this car? I was also considering selling the motor and tranny's and gettin a K20 and I guess I jus t need someone to give me some advise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you pulled up a really old thread to ask that instead of starting a new one lol. my question is what year is the del sol how bad is the damage and is the d16 head a vtec if so he was going for a 'mini me ' swap and even if you sell it you will have no where near enough money from that to buy a k series swap and a k series swap is alot more difficult than a b d or even h series swap do some more reading is all i can say. if you have any specific question you can search and if you still dont find a definitive answer im sure someone on here can give it to you but do some research before you ask trust me it will save you from being flammed.

you pulled up a really old thread to ask that instead of starting a new one lol. my question is what year is the del sol how bad is the damage and is the d16 head a vtec if so he was going for a 'mini me ' swap and even if you sell it you will have no where near enough money from that to buy a k series swap and a k series swap is alot more difficult than a b d or even h series swap do some more reading is all i can say. if you have any specific question you can search and if you still dont find a definitive answer im sure someone on here can give it to you but do some research before you ask trust me it will save you from being flammed.

i think its better he brought up a old thread instead of making another thread about the same thing that gets asked 500,000,000 times..

I'm new here and was hoping you might be able to help. I'm thinking about buying a 94 Del Sol for $500, the bad is that it has body damage on the side and the motor is is another issue. It has a 1.5 block with a 1.6 head and it's not put together yet. It also has an automatic tranny but he said he would give me a si tranny out of a civic. Do you think I should bother with this car? I was also considering selling the motor and tranny's and gettin a K20 and I guess I jus t need someone to give me some advise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

its just body damage right? not frame damage?

if the car was automatic i wouldnt bother in the first place.. thats alot of work you'd have to do to convert it to manual..

k swaps are difficult and expensive.. anywhere from 8 - 10k swapped correctly..

b series swaps are just plug and play for the most part, unless youre going from OBD1 to OBD2, then all you need is the conversion harness..

for a b swap youll need to buy del sol vtec shift linkage, b series engine mount (d series tranny mount will work for tranny side), del sol vtec t bracket, b series ecu (i think P28s are perfect but youll have to have it remapped for the engine you get).. i think thats about it, been a while since i did my swap..

plus you can find b swaps pretty cheap.. i got my full swap for $1950 and it came with skunk2 cam gears, exedy clutch, and jdm integra sir-g LSD.. if you want to find really good swaps at a decent price check hmotorsonline.com

Archived