Help! 91 Civic DX doors won't open from inside or outside.

I just purchased a 1991 Civic 4 door which I intend to swap a CRX drivetrain into. Problem is back doors won't open from inside or outside. I found some posts about replacing the door lock assemblies but they are no longer available for a 1991 and I've been calling salvage yards with no luck. I'm located in the Kansas City area and thought somebody might know of a source for some NOS or remanufactured door lock assemblies or might know of another model / part that would work. Help I'm desperate to open those back doors they haven't been open in years according to the PO. Frickin seats and carpet back there look brand new. I do have the factory part numbers. Left is 72650-SH4-AO1 and the Right is 72610-SH4-AO and no using the window to get in and out is not an option. Thanks.

Have you opened the door to find out exactly what the problem is?

I know you said the handles on either side of the door don't work, so now you know I'm talking about removing the interior trim to gain access to the latching rod and lock mechanism.

Archived