preparing for a build (S2000)

Brendan Dorado

I am asking for advice on what i should do to my s2k because i am getting ready for a build its mostly stock accept for the exhaust system is the Mugen Motor Sports exhaust , the headers are stock and the car only has 21,000 miles on it , My initial plan is to get either short ram intake or cold air intake , change the cams , and complete my exhaust system (needs test pipe and headers) , but im having difficulty think of other things i know alot about hondas but not the s2k help me ?

• 2 weeks later...

It is an inline four, it has a header, not headers.

It a Mugen exhaust? If it is "Mugen Motorsports" it is fake.

You don't need to change the cams. If you want a test pipe you're going to need KPRO, AEM, Motec, etc so it doesn't throw a CEL.

If you're not going to be racing it (dragstrip, autocross, or road course) or tracking it (road course) I would leave it as-is.

You don't need any extra power for mountain roads (you should take it to a road course instead). Adding cams and a header/test pipe won't do much for it at the drag strip.

Real Mugen parts are called either Mugen or MTEC. They have never been called Mugen Motorsports.

i bought the product from a friend that buys auto parts wholesale or somthing like that i have faith thats its a real mugen product he just called it mugen motor sports not everyone calls it the same thing and im just looking for a little bit more power plus im not going to any track its just going to be a street build

• 2 weeks later...

Look for a badge welded onto it that says Mugen or MTEC. If it doesn't have one, it's fake. The North American Mugen distributor (there is only one) doesn't do wholesale to other shops.

If it is just a street car keep it as-is. Otherwise you're going to be paying thousands of dollars for an extra 10whp, aka not-noticable.

• 5 months later...

Archived