Whose still uses this forum?

tallhamer88

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been a while since I browsed through this site. iv been focusing on other stuff for a while. still have the sol in all of its rusty glory. been trying to get into photography for a while and working on other peoples cars instead of my own lol. glad to see some of the old members posting again.

I have gotten into the habit of checking the general forums once every other day just for a little socializing. I haven't the time or the patience to do be more involved anymore. Maybe that will change when I am elbow deep in the sedan again.

I have kinda lost interest in Hondas. Too many people talk shit about them. And too many people give them reason to. Since i stopped posting a few years ago i have lowered it on k-sport springs, Energy Suspension rear lca bushings, gotten EDM sidemarkers, AEM intake, and EDM rear fog light. I have debated selling it and even posted an ad on CL for it. I purchased a b16 block a while back that came with pistons (bored .50 over), crank, rods, main caps, thrust washers, and oil squirters. The plan was to rebuild it with some aftermarket goodies but lost interest in it so been trying to sell or trade it. I think a big part of the reason iv lost interest in the rust.

I drifted away from my 90's Honda's as the allure of newer cars was just too great. I've had my 06 VW for a long time now but it's cold and plasticy and doesn't have much of a personality. The more I look at new-ish cars the more I realize that for what you get it's stupidly overpriced, too complicated to repair myself, for the most part do not have better fuel economy and the cars are all sterile. Everything is powered, polished padded and wrapped in 23894732 air bags. I just want an econo-box with crank windows, an FM radio and a suspension that isn't so soft that I can't figure out if that was a speed bump or a Labrador I just drove over.

Archived