Jdm D15b vtec

Im new to building Hondas. hopefully i can get me some tips here...

well it was running good when i bought the car ('94 civic Lx 4Dr.)  i had to change the water pump and having no $ i decided to change it my self... since, i cant get it to run normaly 3 times i set the timming it turn on normal but really laggs. it have a p06 and i decided not to work in it untill i get a ECU that the d15b should have..i also need a good tune up and "dizzy" ect. but for now im concentrating on an ECU..

+ the car was converted from auto to manual

+ is not kicking vtec (not even connected)

im looking into a chipped p28 but im not sure how to get it programed... also of course i need the vtec so idk if to get a 0bd1 or obd2 wire harness... any help would be apreciated

I thougt so...is it necessary to get a wire harness in the first place? I was told it is because the car doesn't have anywhere to connect the vtec, unless it was an ex or sumthn...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i finally decided to get my p06 chipped, with p08 fuel maps, a few mods and got it v-tec ready...

i started working on the timming and it was a success, it started bogging out a little whe reving to about 3.5rpm

when stalled but im pretty sure its because my speedo is a little off: (after it runs it revs fine)...

its throwing code 21 and my research told me its the v-tec, witchi havent connected yet...

next week im doing the basic tune up + flushing out the motor and cooling system (water)

any suggestions on anything i should check or replace? any advice on what to do next?

• 1 month later...

Archived