A question about headrests

ericleslie

Hey guys. This isn't actually about my car, but my wife's - hopefully somebody here will have some ideas about how I might get want I want done.

My wife has a 2009 Honda Fit Sport that she likes a lot except for the headrests, which are hard and uncomfortably shaped for the way her head rests against them. When we purchased the car, she was told that if she decided she really couldn't stand them, headrests from the 2005 Honda Accord were compatible with the 2009 Fit Sport.

Fast forward to last year, when she asked if I would get her some different headrests for Christmas. I ran to every Honda dealership in town and talked to their parts departments, and basically nobody had any information for me at all. None of them could confirm (or deny) that any other type of headrest is compatible with the 2009 Fit Sport, and I didn't want to put parts on order (the Accord headrests were ~$200) on the chance that they'd work. They all told me they would make inquiries and call me back; nobody ever did.

I don't expect anybody else to have come up against this specific problem (though obviously that'd be serendipitous) but if anyone has an idea of how I might track down some reliable info on what might work before dropping hundreds of dollars on a speculative solution, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

ok, so lets start with these headrests. i would pull one off (passenger) and measure it, spacing from centers and length and rod size. then find someone with an 05 accord (not this site, you might want to try honda tech since it has a lot more people) and see if anyone will pull them out and measure, Im sure someone will help you. If you posted in their accord section and fit section might help some also. Sorry i can't help at all, the newest car i have ever owned was a 94...

Archived