Query on 1999 Honda Accord EX Anti-theft

rak007

I am a new owner of the 1999 Honda Accord EX and have a query regarding the Anti-theft system of the car. I recently was sitting in my car with only the radio (FM) on and the key plugged in. Then with radio on, as soon as i rotated the key one more time (do that power windows and AC would start working), the anti-theft thing kicked in and the car horn started blaring with all lights blinking.

I frantically tried to stop this by clicking the remote buttons and it stopped eventually.

Can anyone tell me why this happened and what causes the anti theft system to kick in ??

I am confused as i am not sure if i did anything abnormal.

Do you have the stock oem radio or a aftermarket radio. if it is the stock radio take it out and look at the wire harness. If it's the aftermarket radio again look at both of the wireing harness and c for any wire that is snipped or cripped that could solve your problem but if everything is right you'll have to take it to a honda dealership.

Archived