Sign in to follow this  
mgoblue002

HID lights

Hi all,

I'm looking into installing a pair of HID light kits into my 2004 Accord. I've done a lot of searching and have seen the many price differences. The question I have is what is typically the main differences between the $50 kits and the $100 kits. Also, what are some sites that you guys have had good experiences with? I'm looking at getting 6000k at the max to keep myself safe from getting pulled over. I just want a quality kit that's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks for your help!

Steve

Doesn't really matter since it'll look like shi* no matter without an HID projector installed. They'll pull you over for blinding everyone, not because of the color. 4300k-5000k is best.

Suppose I buy a pair of projector headlamps for the car, and then put a $100 pair of HIDs in. How am I lookin now? Thanks for your response, I'm just trying to get all the information I can, I've never messed with HIDs before. If I do it, I want to be able to do it right. If doing it right means going over $250, then I'll just have to put this project to rest. Thanks again!

Suppose I buy a pair of projector headlamps for the car, and then put a $100 pair of HIDs in. How am I lookin now? Thanks for your response, I'm just trying to get all the information I can, I've never messed with HIDs before. If I do it, I want to be able to do it right. If doing it right means going over $250, then I'll just have to put this project to rest. Thanks again!

HID projectors alone will be around that. Doing things right isn't always cheap. Such is the balance of things.

Thank you ben. For love of god please dont just throw a cheap HID kit on, you'll blind everyone, possibly melt your housings, hell maybe the whole car will catch fire. Do it right and get a retrofit or find headlights with projectors already mounted. it will be less of a hassle for you and you wont kill anyone in the process.

www.theretrofitsource.com

enjoy.

Only way to mess with HIDs

End thread/

Edit: check out hidplanet.com it's a forum dedicated to vehicle lighting. Very informative

Edited by Joe W