• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mgoblue002

mgoblue002

• 8 posts
  • Vehicles:2004 Honda Accord LX

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking into installing a pair of HID light kits into my 2004 Accord. I've done a lot of searching and have seen the many price differences. The question I have is what is typically the main differences between the $50 kits and the $100 kits. Also, what are some sites that you guys have had good experiences with? I'm looking at getting 6000k at the max to keep myself safe from getting pulled over. I just want a quality kit that's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks for your help!

Steve

#2 Velocifero

Velocifero

Accord Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Vehicles:2006 Acura TSX 6MT w/ Navi

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Doesn't really matter since it'll look like shi* no matter without an HID projector installed. They'll pull you over for blinding everyone, not because of the color. 4300k-5000k is best.

#3 mgoblue002

mgoblue002

• 8 posts
  • Vehicles:2004 Honda Accord LX

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:09 AM

Suppose I buy a pair of projector headlamps for the car, and then put a $100 pair of HIDs in. How am I lookin now? Thanks for your response, I'm just trying to get all the information I can, I've never messed with HIDs before. If I do it, I want to be able to do it right. If doing it right means going over $250, then I'll just have to put this project to rest. Thanks again!

#4 Velocifero

Velocifero

Accord Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Vehicles:2006 Acura TSX 6MT w/ Navi

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Suppose I buy a pair of projector headlamps for the car, and then put a $100 pair of HIDs in. How am I lookin now? Thanks for your response, I'm just trying to get all the information I can, I've never messed with HIDs before. If I do it, I want to be able to do it right. If doing it right means going over $250, then I'll just have to put this project to rest. Thanks again!

HID projectors alone will be around that. Doing things right isn't always cheap. Such is the balance of things.

#5 Ben.

Ben.

Y U NO LET ME SODOMIZE U?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts
  • Vehicles:'95 240sx

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

www.theretrofitsource.com

enjoy.

#6 diablo2dusk

diablo2dusk

I eat babies.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Vehicles:02 WRX

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Thank you ben. For love of god please dont just throw a cheap HID kit on, you'll blind everyone, possibly melt your housings, hell maybe the whole car will catch fire. Do it right and get a retrofit or find headlights with projectors already mounted. it will be less of a hassle for you and you wont kill anyone in the process.

#7 Joe W

Joe W

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Vehicles:00 Starlight Black GSR Integra

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

www.theretrofitsource.com

enjoy.

Only way to mess with HIDs
End thread/

Edit: check out hidplanet.com it's a forum dedicated to vehicle lighting. Very informative

Edited by Joe W, 29 July 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#8 SalvageZone

SalvageZone

• 4 posts
  • Vehicles:2010 HONDA PILOT EXL

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

If your going to use a cheap HID kit you shouldn't even bother doing it. If you do it do it right. lol