No Maintenance Schedule, '08 CRX EX-L

hppants

New member here, some searching did not reveal the answers to my questions. I have always been puzzled by the fact that my '08 CRX EX-L, bought new, does not have a traditional maintenance schedule. I have been doing my own preventative maintenance for 30 years. What do you think about these questions?

1. Is the engine coolant the "long life" variety (i.e. 100K service interval)?

2. What is the suggested interval for changing the automatic tranny fluid? It would appear that, like the Accord, changing the filter is only done when the tranny is overhauled, no?

3. Are the spark plugs platnum tipped (i.e. 100K service life)?

4. For my Accord, I changed the belts, hoses, water pump, and timing belt at about 80K. Didn't want to take a chance with an interference motor. What do you think about the CRV?

5. The book does suggest a brake fluid flush every 3 years. This is unusual for me - how serious is that requirement? FWIW - the brake pads on the CRV seem to last longer than the Accord.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

We drive the CRV about 12K per year, and live in a fairly warm climate. Winters rarely get below 30, and summers run in the 90's regularly.

Thanks in advance.

New member here, some searching did not reveal the answers to my questions. I have always been puzzled by the fact that my '08 CRX EX-L, bought new, does not have a traditional maintenance schedule. I have been doing my own preventative maintenance for 30 years. What do you think about these questions?

1. Is the engine coolant the "long life" variety (i.e. 100K service interval)? No idea but id change it every few years, its cheap.

2. What is the suggested interval for changing the automatic tranny fluid? It would appear that, like the Accord, changing the filter is only done when the tranny is overhauled, no? No idea on this one

3. Are the spark plugs platnum tipped (i.e. 100K service life)? They use ngk at the factory, their like 2 bucks a pop, replace as needed

4. For my Accord, I changed the belts, hoses, water pump, and timing belt at about 80K. Didn't want to take a chance with an interference motor. What do you think about the CRV? Seems about the same unless you notice wear.

5. The book does suggest a brake fluid flush every 3 years. This is unusual for me - how serious is that requirement? FWIW - the brake pads on the CRV seem to last longer than the Accord. That seems about right, brake fluid collects moisture.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Just dont tow much with it or the transfer case will be mad.

We drive the CRV about 12K per year, and live in a fairly warm climate. Winters rarely get below 30, and summers run in the 90's regularly.

Thanks in advance.

Archived