^

Of course failure rate should be 0% but its expected to fail at some point in time if so many units are made....i just think the failure rate should be as minimul as possible.

Im thinking of buying another TV for my Den, but not sure...still debating but i want to buy a cheap LED like a Vizio or Westinghouse.....not sure i say a 27" vizio for 230 bucks at target and 279.00 37" westinghouse LED.....but i may just spend the extra couple hundo bucks and buy a 40-46" Sharp LCD or LED

lol

15% failure rate is industry wide. Its an overall accepted failure rate that serves as a standard benchmark before investigations are necessary to consider recalls on products. 15% failure rate is accepted for virtually every electronic device out there

and sorry to break hearts, but EVERYTHING has failure rates.

The TV s you watch, the radios you listen too, the phones you use, the computer you are on right now. . . all the way to the life support systems that keep people alive. THEY ALL FAIL

you send out a shipment with 30 LCD TV's of any brand, and i guarantee one of them will be broken by the time it reaches a consumers house and gets plugged in.

lol

15% failure rate is industry wide. Its an overall accepted failure rate that serves as a standard benchmark before investigations are necessary to consider recalls on products. 15% failure rate is accepted for virtually every electronic device out there

and sorry to break hearts, but EVERYTHING has failure rates.

The TV s you watch, the radios you listen too, the phones you use, the computer you are on right now. . . all the way to the life support systems that keep people alive. THEY ALL FAIL

you send out a shipment with 30 LCD TV's of any brand, and i guarantee one of them will be broken by the time it reaches a consumers house and gets plugged in.

No crap Sherlock.

I'm pointing out the obvious: If this stuff wasn't made by underpaid child slave laborers on the other side of the globe and assembled with the absolute cheapest collection of spare parts obtainable that they might last a little longer. That opinion aside, if they are going to make crap the least they could do is be apologetic about it and be expedient about repairing it.

Case in-point: Part of my job is Apple Authorized on-site repairman. When I get a service dispatch from Apple for a hardware repair I am expected to have the initial repair performed within 48 hours. Parts are always overnighted and if there is extenuating circumstances or complicating issues requiring further support or parts I have a direct line to Apple Engineering support team.

Counter-point: We bought a budget video card from MicroCenter (IT Big Box) in October. Card has problems. To get the card replaced I had to sign up online (no biggie), have my proof of purchase (again, expected), and file a repair request (normal) and wait three DAYS (current technical support wait time) for the company to email me back with further troubleshooting and diagnostic questions on a piece of hardware that is outright dead. Once I go through those hoops I have to send the card back on my dime, and once they get it back they will inspect it and repair or replace at their discretion and then return ship to me, via Ground (no alternative). Typical turn around is usually just under 2 weeks. BS is what it is.

No crap Sherlock.

I'm pointing out the obvious: If this stuff wasn't made by underpaid child slave laborers on the other side of the globe and assembled with the absolute cheapest collection of spare parts obtainable that they might last a little longer. That opinion aside, if they are going to make crap the least they could do is be apologetic about it and be expedient about repairing it.

Case in-point: Part of my job is Apple Authorized on-site repairman. When I get a service dispatch from Apple for a hardware repair I am expected to have the initial repair performed within 48 hours. Parts are always overnighted and if there is extenuating circumstances or complicating issues requiring further support or parts I have a direct line to Apple Engineering support team.

Counter-point: We bought a budget video card from MicroCenter (IT Big Box) in October. Card has problems. To get the card replaced I had to sign up online (no biggie), have my proof of purchase (again, expected), and file a repair request (normal) and wait three DAYS (current technical support wait time) for the company to email me back with further troubleshooting and diagnostic questions on a piece of hardware that is outright dead. Once I go through those hoops I have to send the card back on my dime, and once they get it back they will inspect it and repair or replace at their discretion and then return ship to me, via Ground (no alternative). Typical turn around is usually just under 2 weeks. BS is what it is.

ummmmm. . . my only point was that everything has a failure rate

you say only a 0 percent failure rate is acceptable, but there is no such thing. Its not even reasonable to expect a zero percent failure rate from any company on any product.

as for the rest of your way off topic rant. . .well, i hope you got it all off your chest. but in the first few sentences i can tell it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and pretty much pointless to strain my eyes to read all that.

carry on fellas

Glad you couldn't waste the time to read but you can waste the time to reply. And if had taken the time you would see it was on topic with warranties.

Archived