91crx problems

Jaysta-rex

While driving on the freeway (doing bout 70) my car sputterd as if it ran out of gas (I had just filled up the night befor since my gas cluster don't work) I made it over to the shoulder lane and my car turned off!!! It'll start once in a while and I can even drive it but I can't get the rpm's over 2500!!! I opened up my hood to see my cold air intake was off. Car was not over heating, has gas, oil, ect ect..if you know what up or have idea plz help before I can the michanic...THANKS

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Does your tach jump around? Could be your igniter or maybe a bad distributor cap/rotar button. Do this, let's narrow it down to fuel or ignition. Put u some gas in a little pump spray bottle and have someone start the far while u spray a little fuel in the intake. If it starts and runs ok for a few seconds it's a fuel issue if not is an electrical issue. Do when it won't start pull a plug and plug, hook up the plug wire, ground it on a bolt or something and see if it's firing. If your getting a good spark then you know that's not the issue.

Archived