fuel pump

Because his VTEC will kick in harder....yo....

best thing you have ever said on this forumlaugh.gif

why do you need more fuel? have you replaced injectors? the TB? the rest of the intake system? done something to the head? done something with exhaust?

want more fuel? get a bigger pump

because the more voltage u have running to the pump the more fuel it can push. just need suggestions on what gauge wire, fuses, and/or relays.

No. 1, I'm pretty sure the amount of fuel is preset, hence any more powerful, more flowing fuel pump is useless. No. 2, even if you could, it's useless again with out a proper tune. You'll just be running rich without adjusting the fuel/air ratio. No. 3, this is stupid idea, and people who want more power, don't even think about "boosting the voltage" of a fuel pump.

No. 1, I'm pretty sure the amount of fuel is preset, hence any more powerful, more flowing fuel pump is useless. No. 2, even if you could, it's useless again with out a proper tune. You'll just be running rich without adjusting the fuel/air ratio. No. 3, this is stupid idea, and people who want more power, don't even think about "boosting the voltage" of a fuel pump.

you must be a little slow b/c high flow fuel pumps are ment to run on more electricity than a stock wire harness delivers and this was post asking for help not for idiots to talk trash so do me a favor stop posting

1) dont come on our forum and get an attitude with a regular

2) voltage does not control how much fuel you get you moron.. you should have gotten a proper fuel pump at the right voltage rating for your car..do they even make one for a 2003 civic!

not to mention you have a stock car.. so why the hell do you have a walboro? (did you mean WALBRO)

most cars run at a set voltage.. the computer controls how much fuel gets put in the motor.. and you have stock injectors.. so you still wont get any more fuel then you would have in the first place

where did you get your information anyway?

1) dont come on our forum and get an attitude with a regular

2) voltage does not control how much fuel you get you moron.. you should have gotten a proper fuel pump at the right voltage rating for your car..do they even make one for a 2003 civic!

not to mention you have a stock car.. so why the hell do you have a walboro? (did you mean WALBRO)

most cars run at a set voltage.. the computer controls how much fuel gets put in the motor.. and you have stock injectors.. so you still wont get any more fuel then you would have in the first place

where did you get your information anyway?

if you don't like my attitude don't be a prick with your posts and it does matter the voltage that gets to the pump. u don't know wht i have on my car, i know wht i'm doin and i was askin for help, so if alls u wana do is make smart comments or be a prick don't bother posting.

workin on portin head, got heads, 2.5 exhaust and gettin bigger injectors but stock wiring doesn't get the max performance out of the pump i have and would like to upgrade it!excl.gif!excl.gif!

if you don't like my attitude don't be a prick with your posts and it does matter the voltage that gets to the pump. u don't know wht i have on my car, i know wht i'm doin and i was askin for help, so if alls u wana do is make smart comments or be a prick don't bother posting.

your the one being a 'prick'

I may not know what done but I know what isnt because you told us!

and if you know what you are doing then go do it and dont ask for help.. you need to do some research on how car parts (like fuel pumps) function.. you need to research the entire fuel system actually

On a fuel injected engine( at least a honda) fuel is injected into the combustion chamber by way of adjusting the voltage that goes to the fuel injector itself..This voltage offset(amount of fuel) gets adjusted by the signal that the TPS sends to the ECU, which in return adjusts injector voltage varying fuel flow into the combustion chamber...Learn to tune and how your crap works before you start dicking with retarded ideas..

And if you have a set-up that the walbro 255lph can't keep up with you would have done extensive research on boosting a honda and( and out of your tree) know that you're over 600hp and an external fuel pump and most likely fuel cell are in use..Which in that case the most commonly used fuel pump product is Aereomotive.

Don't listen to these guys, they obviously don't understand what it is you're trying to do so they're just talking out of their asses. I have an engineering and science degree from Quendelton State University and understand your dilemma. I'll help you out.

All you'll need is a simple SPST switch (a mini toggle will do just fine) and some 14-gauge wire. Any higher number won't be sufficient so stick with 14 or lower.

Step 1: Disconnect the negative on your battery terminal (you wouldn't want to damage anything by having a short while you're working.)

Step 2: Find the positive wire on the harness connected to the fuel pump, splice the 14-gauge wire into it, and connect the wire to the switch. Make sure the switch is set to OFF.

Step 3: Use the remaining terminal on the switch by running 14-gauge wire to the negative wire on your stereo. Remember to keep the switch OFF.

Step 4: Reconnect your battery negative.

Step 5: Start the car and make sure everything's still functioning properly.

Step 6: Flip the switch to ON and notice the crazy voltage increase.

Step 7: Thank me and laugh at all these idiots on the forum for using their "smart talk" and suggesting that you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.

he doesnt need more fuel

he has already said his motor is pretty much stock and has stock injectors on there! along with what sounds like a stock car (stock intake and exhaust system at least.. assuming nothing else is done)

the fuel pumps made for hondas are oem replacements that are capable of pushing more fuel if you need it (aka turbo built motor).. of course i still have not seen one made for a 2003 honda.. a walbro installed CORRECTLY would be delivery plenty of fuel for a stock car.. and was never needed in the first place

so I stick with my previous statements of this entire thread is stupid and OP is a moron happy.gif

Actually, the joke was delightful. And he probably would get one hell of a voltage spike doing that, just before everything electrical in the car melted and burned to the ground.

you really failed at making a joke dude

lol, no you failed at receiving it. I have dry humor but anyone with any car know how would notice the ridiculousness of my post. Plus I've been on this forum long enough for people to know that I don't go around calling the helpful regulars "idiots" over such obvious matters. Does Quendelton State University sound real to you? You Brits must think less of us Americans than I thought :laugh:.

Hopefully the OP also failed (even more so than he already has) by actually trying my steps to mad fuel pump voltage increases.

You probably should get a trubo kit and get that baby tuned before you go any farther. It just seems be make no point in increasing your fuel injection, I understand from both sides, but make it a reasonable build (which I'm pretty sure you are) before you increase the fuel flow to your engine.

now see, we have places called "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

Ok, that's a bit of a long one... Aberystwyth is more of a 'normal' name for wales.

The Welsh are a straaange people and a bit mad it would seem, lol. But that's what makes a country fun.

Archived