PLEASE HELP get rid of the LOUD HONK when i use my remote!!&#3

elijahblake

I have a 2006 Honda Accord EX and I HATE the horn honking when you hit the lock button twice... Is there anyway possible to keep the factory horn, but add another horn that does like a chirp like a BMW or anything cool sounding like that?

If not is there a cool sounding horn that isn't too hard to replace it with? It's so freaking loud and annoying everytime i hit it. And yes, i know you can hit lock once to lock it, but the horn honk is to make sure it's locked and I need that, lol.

Any help is much appreciated..

Not to be a complete ass, but you could just press the lock button on the door. completely silent and works every time! :laugh:

Otherwise, no, I have no input on how to change your horn, just thought I would contribute my smartass comment for the day.

Not to be a complete ass, but you could just press the lock button on the door. completely silent and works every time! :laugh:

Otherwise, no, I have no input on how to change your horn, just thought I would contribute my smartass comment for the day.

the only problem with that (from what I've read) is that doesn't actually activate the alarm. It only locks the doors. So you have to hit it twice and hear the loud ass horn to actually arm your alarm.

I've read that on several sites, haven't actually looked that up in my manual to verify it though..

didn't think there actually was an alarm. hah.

but what do I know? the newest honda I have ever worked on has been a 2000.

my guess is that you can't have it make a different noise without replacing the entire horn assembly. my vw does an alternate horn beep when i use the fob to lock the doors, but my assumption is the car came equipped with a two step horn to do that.

didn't think there actually was an alarm. hah.

but what do I know? the newest honda I have ever worked on has been a 2000.

my guess is that you can't have it make a different noise without replacing the entire horn assembly. my vw does an alternate horn beep when i use the fob to lock the doors, but my assumption is the car came equipped with a two step horn to do that.

well, it doesn't have sensors on the windows or anything like REAL alarms, but if the doors are opened the horn does start going off and i've read something about the car not starting.

So could i possibly replace the horn with another one, or would rewiring some electrical stuff have to be done as well?

My guess is can't be done. The alarm/lock triggers are probably routed through the ecu before setting off the horn. You could try and replace the horn itself with a quieter unit, but I would bet you cannot separate the alarm arm sound from the horn.

My guess is can't be done. The alarm/lock triggers are probably routed through the ecu before setting off the horn. You could try and replace the horn itself with a quieter unit, but I would bet you cannot separate the alarm arm sound from the horn.

i found this: http://kptechnologies.com/products.php?year=Universal&make=Honda&model=Accord%20Sedan look at the universal electronic beep. It's what I want but it looks very complicated to install, and it says it does away with your parking lights without adding a relay... Not to sure about all that..

it doesn't do away with the parking lights, just won't flash them unless you install a special relay. looks like you answered your own question

The thing i see is that the horn will still sound if you press lock twice. I do not see anything in this module that removes the factory horn from the system.

And to answer the question. Pressing the lock button once locks the doors. Pressing the lock button the second time arms the factory alarm, thus is why the horn sounds to confirm alarm armed. So the module will work if you just want to lock the doors.

Archived