D16z6 Turbo Setup

I was looking for information on some total engine setups to run a turbo on. I have a 95 Civic Ex and I wanted to rebuild the whole motor to withstand the boost pressure. I know that there are parts everywhere to rebuild the motor with but that doesn't mean each part is compatible. It might cause me more problems in the future and I will end up dumping money into this project. I was looking for and complete setups that anyone had that were successful. I've already sent the block to get cleaned and preped to get the sleeve work done. Please help

Thanks, I will check it out. I just want to fully rebuild the motor but I have heard from friends the problems with mixing a matching different parts that might not be efficient together. First thought that comes to mind is when one of my friends put a custom air intake on his evo VIII and lost hp. He tried to fix that problem and ended up having another problem. Another friend put an aftermarket exhaust on his Nova and lost power because he had no back pressure. I'm just trying to avoid problems like these. I'm not 100% positive on this topic that's why I'm asking questions. Any advice is greatly appreciated. My plans are to run 15psi with fully rebuilt and redone head, block, components. Thanks a bunch

Your right

you can throw parts at something all day but that doesnt mean it'll be fast

def. read up on boost/turbo sizings/compression ratios etc

I want to say we only have 2 people on here with or doing a turbo d and i think that site will be able to help you out more then we could in since they have quite a few build threads matching what your looking for

feel free to hang around though.. we can still help :)

Your right

you can throw parts at something all day but that doesnt mean it'll be fast

def. read up on boost/turbo sizings/compression ratios etc

I want to say we only have 2 people on here with or doing a turbo d and i think that site will be able to help you out more then we could in since they have quite a few build threads matching what your looking for

feel free to hang around though.. we can still help :)

make that 3 people doing a turbo d

me as soon as the guy gets back with me. trading all of my b16 stuff for a full d series turbo kit plus walbro pump and 550cc injectors.

for another 200 he is gonna throw in some eagle h beam rods that are new and still in box.

just gotta get the ass to get back to me

i am doing the exact same thing.

i keep going between these choices:

1) swap to a b

2) swap to a K

3) turbo the d

4) leave it stock and make it perfect in all cosmetic aspects

5) sell it and get something else

right now im leaning towards 4, then 3. if 3 doesnt work out ill try 1 once again. if that fails then i go back to 4 then 5 and start at 6

I appreciate all the help, I found some good feedback on other sites. I'm just not familiar with what works. I had a beautiful car before I bought this civic. My grandfather gave me a car when I was younger because he didn't enjoy driving it. It got hit by a Mack Truck and now I'm stuck with just insurance money. It was a 69 Camaro SS. Took the 396 out and put a 454 in it. I could just buy another car but i got this civic from my sister for a deal and want to build up a d-series motor. Everywhere I've read about how the d16z6 is a freakin tank.

I appreciate all the help, I found some good feedback on other sites. I'm just not familiar with what works. I had a beautiful car before I bought this civic. My grandfather gave me a car when I was younger because he didn't enjoy driving it. It got hit by a Mack Truck and now I'm stuck with just insurance money. It was a 69 Camaro SS. Took the 396 out and put a 454 in it. I could just buy another car but i got this civic from my sister for a deal and want to build up a d-series motor. Everywhere I've read about how the d16z6 is a freakin tank.

it is a tank. best d series motor out there imo. it loves boost. and thats what i advise doing. even if its just an ebay kit with a 14g or 16g turbo.

aww we had a 71 camaro growing upwub.gif

h8chu

Well, getting hot tanked and sleeved as we speak. I'm still looking for combinations of internal parts that others have tried and have worked. The consensus seems to be that Eagle and JE are the places to go for pistons, crank, rods.

Archived