F22B2 to F22B1

clos891

Ok so im 18 and in love with my Accord its my first car and its great i Just recently joined H.F. and have been reading a few forums and i can't find any that really help me out. I swapped cylinder heads from my 96 Accord F22B2 to a n F22B1head that i bought at a junk-yard so that i could have VTEC. everything hooked up really nice with no major difficulties until i got to wiring up the new VTEC computer,( i also bought a VTEC controller) i want to know how to wire up the VTEC into the computer since my harness didn't have any VTEC wiring. Also the car drives fine until it reaches between 4500-5000 rpms it just makes noise and doesnt have power in that range im not sure if this is because thats when VTEC is suposed to kick in or if its something completely different. and another problem im having now is my shifter won't shift out of park and i have already checked the brake switch, all my tailights light up fine, i havent checked any fuses or my shifter lock solenoid the only code i have coming up is VTEC system malfunction any answers or advice that will help me out is much appreciated. :D

is there anyway to add the VTEC wiring in? i would hate to have to take the head off to replace the harness. where is the shift position sensor located?

is there anyway to add the VTEC wiring in? i would hate to have to take the head off to replace the harness. where is the shift position sensor located?

It is possable to wire in the VTEC wiring it would have been alot easier to use the EX harness but not impossable. What you will need is all the required conectors for the VTEC controls Pretty much the ones that you are missing and a very good wiring diagram and some wire and just wire in the needed wires to the proper pin locations on the EX ECU you could look at other web sites to see if anyone makes the needed harness/pigtail you need. As for the lack of power you discribed you probably are running on the base cam which is not designed for high RPM power it is better for low end economy/torque. I would highly recomend lots of research before you attempt the wire job as a mistake can kill your ECU or worse burn your car up so take your time and do it when you have plenty of time hope this helps. Also look at the guys who put VTEC heads on LS B series engines they do that all the time with the wiring.

It is possable to wire in the VTEC wiring it would have been alot easier to use the EX harness but not impossable. What you will need is all the required conectors for the VTEC controls Pretty much the ones that you are missing and a very good wiring diagram and some wire and just wire in the needed wires to the proper pin locations on the EX ECU you could look at other web sites to see if anyone makes the needed harness/pigtail you need. As for the lack of power you discribed you probably are running on the base cam which is not designed for high RPM power it is better for low end economy/torque. I would highly recomend lots of research before you attempt the wire job as a mistake can kill your ECU or worse burn your car up so take your time and do it when you have plenty of time hope this helps. Also look at the guys who put VTEC heads on LS B series engines they do that all the time with the wiring.

Thanks for the help i found a diagram of all the connecteors for the EX computer and i have the VTEC hooked up but now i keep getting an evap pressure sensor high input code... could unpluging that wire from the computer make it so that it doesnt throw the code? or would it make it throw the code because its not geting any signal from it? and when VTEC kicks in there is alot of blueish black smoke which is oil burning which concerns me any thoughts on this?

Double check your wiring and conections to make sure everything is tight and that nothing got disturbed the evap canister is on the pass side of engine bay kinda below the air intake so you may have disturbed it while wiring in the VTEC system. As for the blueish smoke how much is it alot or just a little? I cannot remember quite how the VTEC in the F22B1 works thinking one of the intake valves stays closed or partly opens till VTEC kicks in so it that is correct you may have a leaky vavle seal on the secodary valve but I would really recomend having someone with more knowledge of the F22 look at it or seek more information

Double check your wiring and conections to make sure everything is tight and that nothing got disturbed the evap canister is on the pass side of engine bay kinda below the air intake so you may have disturbed it while wiring in the VTEC system. As for the blueish smoke how much is it alot or just a little? I cannot remember quite how the VTEC in the F22B1 works thinking one of the intake valves stays closed or partly opens till VTEC kicks in so it that is correct you may have a leaky vavle seal on the secodary valve but I would really recomend having someone with more knowledge of the F22 look at it or seek more information

Its a lot, when it kicks in there is a large cloud of smoke that kinda lingers there for a bit and it stinks too. for the evap canister i have checked it and its fine, all of the codes goe away when i plug in the original computer so im starting to think this may not have been such a great idea anymore lol

Its a lot, when it kicks in there is a large cloud of smoke that kinda lingers there for a bit and it stinks too. for the evap canister i have checked it and its fine, all of the codes goe away when i plug in the original computer so im starting to think this may not have been such a great idea anymore lol

Ok what year is the VTEC computer from? Also you may want to look into if there is any differences between the VTEC evap controllers and the non VTEC. you may just need a different evap pressure sensor (forgive spelling not my strong suit) from the VTEC donor car. As for the oil thing it may be an oil control issuse is the smoke black or blue? If its more black may be a fuel control issue poor operation of the fuel regulator. Which intake manifold did you use B2 or B1? Still say talk to a honda tech on smoke they probably know more about it then I do

Ok what year is the VTEC computer from? Also you may want to look into if there is any differences between the VTEC evap controllers and the non VTEC. you may just need a different evap pressure sensor (forgive spelling not my strong suit) from the VTEC donor car. As for the oil thing it may be an oil control issuse is the smoke black or blue? If its more black may be a fuel control issue poor operation of the fuel regulator. Which intake manifold did you use B2 or B1? Still say talk to a honda tech on smoke they probably know more about it then I do

Good thought on the evap, the computer im not sure when its from, I just know its obd2 and im using the B2 manifold

Archived