Fuel Cut off switch

ok here we go, im doing a fuel cut off switch in the hatch. there have quite a bit of thefts here in town. two people have gotten their hatches stolen in two weeks. so i am taking precautions. ill also be re routing my hood release cable so they cant pop my hood.

but here is my question. will this switch work even though it has 3 terminals on the back end? i just need something for an on/off function.

000_1732.jpg

000_1731.jpg

I've done a lot of these...

I can't see the pictures since I'm at work but what you need to know:

1) you need a basic on/off switch so that when you hold down the button or switch, it lets current go through it and you turn the car on

2) When you aren't holding it down or switching, the circuit is open so you can't turn the car on

basically, when you hold it down, it acts like just a wire.

*try it out before hiding the switch*

Also, make sure it's not too far away from you so that you don't have to stretch or move around too much to get to it (if anyone sees you doing this, they'll know there is a killswitch).

Good idea to do this David :) and very good that it's fuel cut off. I like from fuel power line much more than the ignition killswitches...fuel ones are harder to find IMO :D

yeah i know how it all works. i just cant figure out if im supposed to use a 2 or 3 pronged switch lol. its going in a special place that isnt too hard to reach. but having 5% on the windows helps hide it.

one thing you need to look at is the amperage running to the fuel pump, and whether or not that dinky little switch can handle it. to be safe I would run a relay.

I suck when it comes to electrical, but why would you even need a relay if it's just going to be an in line switch?...and I would say find the main wire for the main fuel relay and tap into that for the cut-off.

If I was hiding a fuel cutoff switch, I probably wouldn't have a light on it.

its not going to. that makes it pointless.

I suck when it comes to electrical, but why would you even need a relay if it's just going to be an in line switch?...and I would say find the main wire for the main fuel relay and tap into that for the cut-off.

thats what im doing. already got the line i need, just gotta get the time to do it lol

Use lower gauge wire (thickner wire)...use 14 gauge to be safe :)

The light on the switch can be removed...

hm. ill have to go get some. because ive got 18guage right now...and just bought connectors for 18guage lol

Archived