got a new car

so, i've decided to upgrade to my last new car for a long while. 2010 kia forte SX sedan

19365_267594586134_708036134_3893855_5313785_n.jpg

19365_267594611134_708036134_3893858_3480812_n.jpg

19365_267594596134_708036134_3893857_5379892_n.jpg

spent about 15 grand on it after all my discounts and rebates. got it last month as my 20th birthday present to myself. I like it a lot. 2.4l I4 with 175 hp is plenty to get me going with the 6 speed. built in bluetooth, with all the buttons on the steering wheel, integrated sirius satellite radio with a free subscription for a few months. best part is the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. maybe in like 8 years i'll look into boosting it, lol.

uhh... what? you mean the 2 door? the koup's are pretty nice. i wanted to get mine in blue but they didn't have any manual blue 4 doors in florida. I didn't get the koup because of the price difference, and i figured it's time for a sedan. i'm learning to really like it.

well, all the used cars here are junk. if i found something nice around here that was used then hell yeah. I can easily afford the payments, and the warranties that kia offers are well worth it. if i had bought a used car i'd probably have to actually pay for repairs. now, i don't

i like it, a lot. it comes very well equipped for its price as well. as far as reliability goes... well these cars just came out so we have no clue. the motors i believe are new as well. the 2.0's in the ex are the same motor that is used in the hyundai genesis 2.0t (i believe kia has plans to make a 2.0T forte). Someone has to be the guinea pig, i guess i will be it.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>about it looking like other cars, sure it does look similar, but i like this look. I think these kia's look better than the civics. civics are too bubbly and wierd looking</div><div><br></div>

yes, they do have bad reps, i'm aware. but apparently they've come a LONG way with this car. it definitely feels like a very solid car. it's not a bad product by any means and so far is well worth the money

• 4 weeks later...

update, my kia is one of the fastest cars in town... but i miss old beaters :\. it's just not the same. lol. i'm seriously considering trading it back in and getting like.. a CRX.

forte isn't an old mans car. it's target market is 20 somethings.

You got that completely wrong seb, the negative equity he will get boned with will absolutely screw him for a trade in. a wanked out crx is likely all he will be able to afford after the raping the dealer will give him.

yeah, xeryon's right. I'd still have to finish paying off this car with the money from the trade in, and then i'd need to pay for the rex. I'ma hold on to the car for a few months and save up a few grand, when that time comes I'll see if I change my mind and get a beater and play with that... or spend the money on something else cool, like a turbo kit for the forte that is eventually coming... or pay for police academy, when I'm invited. who knows. I'm just thinking of options, but I'ma stick with the forte at least until i have some more of it paid off and I could at least break even.

I came inches of being the new owner of an 06 civic SI sedan with navi today... but it was sold as i got there. sadface. the dealership offered me 100% of the MSRP of my car towards the trade in plus a $5000 rebate... sadface.

st patty's day was lame. someone hit my car. or some crap. it's fracking wierd. there are scratches all along the side of the car and a dent with paint all chipped off on the corner. It's like someone peeled out on the dirt road and spit a huge fracking rock out at my car. I don't want to file a claim with insurance because I don't want an accident on the carfax. FML

update, my kia is one of the fastest cars in town... but i miss old beaters :\. it's just not the same. lol. i'm seriously considering trading it back in and getting like.. a CR-Z.

fixed

mugen_honda_cr-z_2.jpg

people are already playing with them

Archived