Site offline for a minute

Drew

Ok you bandwidth whores, listen up! j/k

Somehow we managed to exceed bandwidth for the month. Last month we used just 67.5% of our bandwidth and this month we hit 100% with 3 days remaining.

I suppose this is a good thing, however I had to bump up our hosting plan for additional bandwidth. We'll need to keep an eye on it again next month if this continues.

This is a good time for me to remind you about other places you can interact with HondaForums.com.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/hondaforums

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HondaForumscom/81655874189

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/hondaforums

p.s. I'd like to thank Rick B. for notifying me of this outtage.

I was thinking we need to revisit the donation issue again to make sure we cover the increased cost of the higher bandwidth.

I was lonely for a couple days there. Thanks for bringing it back online Drew.

i dont think we need to delete threads. i agree with xeryon about the donation. id donate a few bucks here and there. maybe the pple who donate can get something extra like vip privelages or something? idk just suggesting

damn, i guess all my offensive posts messed everything up.

sorry guys.

no, not really. :p

it's all your fault, you single handedly broke the internet. you caused mass fappage that coated the tubes.. you didnt stop to think that all that jizz would get sticky and cause an internet heart attack. shame on you.

Picture threads do not specifically add to bandwidth issue any more than other threads. All the images are links connected to other websites. When you load a pictures thread you are not loading most of the content from HF.

Picture threads do not specifically add to bandwidth issue any more than other threads. All the images are links connected to other websites. When you load a pictures thread you are not loading most of the content from HF.

ah i see. well id donate a few when i could. maybe 10,20,10000, 30

WTF, how did we exceed the bandwidth? Time for some additional mods to keep out the spam?

the few bits of spam we get around here contribute very little to the bandwidth usage

since traffic appears, from the outside, to be about normal, i'd look first at the shoutbox being the bandwidth-eating culprit

Traffic increased for about 2 weeks earlier last month for some reason. I'm too lazy to go find out why. Maybe we just had more people online. could it be?

Archived