The spammers and trolls have been getting more aggressive lately, and what used to be our most active mod, hasn't logged on in almost a month. What you think Drew? Rest of membership?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we need at least 3 new mods.

Because they will probably be the only 3.

I've volunteered to be one. I hope they agree to let me join. I'm already a mod on another forum so I've got the experience. I don't mind the responsibilities at all.

If it were up to me, it would have to be somebody with the temperament to be a mod...I'm not that guy. I would vote Rick and Nate as my first selections.

If it were up to me, it would have to be somebody with the temperament to be a mod...I'm not that guy. I would vote Rick and Nate as my first selections.

It isn't all that hard. But you must know how to use your words wisely.

It isn't all that hard. But you must know how to use your words wisely.

I speak my mind far to readily, and don't give a crap what other people think about it. Brutally honest to a fault.

I speak my mind far to readily, and don't give a crap what other people think about it. Brutally honest to a fault.

Heh...i dunno about brutally honest, but I have a take no crap attitude to moderation. The trick is knowing the rules and knowing when to step in and take control and when not to. If someone is out of line, make the consequences of their actions clear. If it continues, you can continue to the next step of either a warning/infraction or temporary or possible permanent ban, depending.

Rick, a Scoobie owner, in charge of us lot?

There would outrage I cry, OUTRAGE.

Ok I kid.

And Rob, pfff, better to speak ya mind that speak bullsh*t man.

You say that now, but wait until the hate and vitriol is headed in your direction.

haha. true. But you know I'll stand my place and argue all day long if needs be. Unless I get bored of the arguement. In which case, I win by letting you win.

And then?

I won. End of.

I'd be up for being mod. I'm on here like 24/7 too, although certain people would hate it, and I probably swear too much at everyone for that anyway.

And then?

Honestly, the Codeboy problem is only half his fault. The rest is the other members berating him. Calling him names and making fun of his car is not acceptable behavior and wouldn't be on my forum. You guys are kind of messed up for doing those things. He could be fake, but he could be legit too. Making everyone conform to everyone else's standards is confusing and doesn't inspire creativity. The whole attitude of this forum needs to get in check, meanwhile people are complaining about some breasts...

Honestly, the Codeboy problem is only half his fault. The rest is the other members berating him. Calling him names and making fun of his car is not acceptable behavior and wouldn't be on my forum. You guys are kind of messed up for doing those things. He could be fake, but he could be legit too. Making everyone conform to everyone else's standards is confusing and doesn't inspire creativity. The whole attitude of this forum needs to get in check, meanwhile people are complaining about some breasts...

Ehh.. i think the reason he is catching so much hell is his attitude. He came in acting like his sh*t dont stink. All the while wanting help from us. If he had been willing to not get butthurt so easily i things would have been much easier for him.

Ehh.. i think the reason he is catching so much hell is his attitude. He came in acting like his sh*t dont stink. All the while wanting help from us. If he had been willing to not get butthurt so easily i things would have been much easier for him.

I don't think that's accurate at all. He came in spouting some ignorant stuff. Which is fine, whatever he needs some enlightening. But then people starting to name call and talk smack on his car, which he then became defensive and responding in an immature attitude, reflecting his age most likely.

Actually, the Codeboy problem is completely his fault. You don't come in here, acting like a hard ass before seeing what type of water you're getting ready to swim in. By checking a few threads, he would know what is and isn't acceptable behavior. Of course, he could be playing one giant prank on those of you who thinks he could be serious. He's a troll, and judging by how many of you he potentially reeled in...a pretty damn good one.

About the breasts, personally I don't care, but others might. Especially those who check the forums from work.

You don't have a clue what you are doing otherwise you would not be asking for help on an extremely expensive project from a random internet forum.

That leads me to believe this thread is one of two things:

#1 You recently won the lottery, trust fund matured or windfall from an estate and the money is burning a hole in your pocket and you want to look all special and badass in an fast/expensive car.

#2 (most likely) You are a troll.

No, that setup will not work at all.

You have 0 experience.

This will end up being a $20000 hunk of scrap

Why don't you start with something reasonable and work your way up from there?

No one successfully builds a 700 hp car from something that started at 140 as their first import project.

lol okay guy, obviously if there is a del sol with only 630hp that is spinning slicks.. SLICKS.. then you will not grip with street tires.. i can just see it now..

you drive along, all of a sudden *WOOP WOOP* "aww sh!t my nigg its 5-0 sonn, i bouts to dip on these pigs yo!" go around a corner and floor it "aww sh!t nigg understeer, too much power homes it dont grip, sh!t sh!t sh!t sh!t sh!t" *BOOM BOOM KERTHUNK KASMACK CRUNCH* "aww sh!t nigg i just wrecked my mad fast 8 second 700hp honda yo, fcukin 5-0 gonna take me to jail dawg"

FAIL!

You're an idiot. It sounds like you need to do some serious research before you continue any further.

If ya gonna be building a beasty car, you'll wanna have a 2nd car as a daily driver anyway. As after putting thousands in to your main car, you'll be pissed when somebody else crashes in to it or something, or if the 5-0 pull you ya f*cked, and running a 750hp car as a DD is never a good idea financially/realistically.

That was just from the first page. I'd be defensive too. You don't know he's a troll. He may very well be. Who knows. We should just ignore him or have a mod (if we had one) close the thread. Maturity people.

we do need new mods.. if anything have a couple mods for a couple sections.. like one mod have the accord/civic/sol part and someone else have the classifieds and a couple other sections etc

I nominate people who dont get into arguements with people.. like rick or ryan or tubbith.. even ashley (nothing againest her) went on a rant that one day about calling my car rice around the awards becuase i asked why mine was in the catagory when i didnt even see someone nominate it.. and i dont think anyone who cant control themselves and wants to treats regs like that would be a good mod

ben would be funny as hell as a mod though

oh but my ricky poo isnt on here a lot anymore :(

It's all about understanding people and seeing an argument from more than one side. Avoiding confrontation is not what this forum needs at all. It needs someone who knows the rules and and isn't afraid to enforce them without being overbearing.

Archived