New Feature: "Shoutbox"

Drew

Shoutbox  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Add Shoutbox to Front Page

• Display the Shoutbox on the front page with the option to individually hide it per member?
    • Do not display the shoutbox on the frontpage. The page has too much on it already.
  2. 2. If added to the Frontpage should it be at the top or bottom?

• Top of site
    • Bottom of site
    • I just voted above to not have it on the front page. (Duh)

hey drew is there any way you can make it where visitors cant see where it says at the top NEW FEATURE: SHOUTBOX.. that way they dont just join to bullshat on the SB

and i kind of think there should be a minimum post requirement to use the SB if that would be possible.. but im just thinking off the top of my head.. probally not a great idea..

All that is already done. Guests (i.e. not logged in) can't see the SB on all the pages and if they click the SB link at the top, it says they don't have permission. You'll see next time you're logged out. also, you have to have a member account and not a newbie account to see/use it as well. That means minimum 25 posts. I'd rather have newbies become engaged in posting first before using the SB. The NEW Feature will say something else as soon as I post something else in the Announcement forum. :)

• 1 month later...

didnt feel like opening another thread but umm, i cant use the shoutbox for some reason, i dunno why

i can see everything that everyone has typed but i cant type :(

didnt feel like opening another thread but umm, i cant use the shoutbox for some reason, i dunno why

i can see everything that everyone has typed but i cant type :(

join the club

Archived