whats with the ads?

Yeah, where? :ninja:

Somehow something's gotta pay to keep this site going. Hopefully i'll have a way soon for you to have all the ads removed if you like.

btw, it's just a trial run right now, so don't fret too much.

Yeah, where? :ninja:

Somehow something's gotta pay to keep this site going. Hopefully i'll have a way soon for you to have all the ads removed if you like.

btw, it's just a trial run right now, so don't fret too much.

Whatever it is you're doing to help pay for the site, is making it run like ass.

Whatever it is you're doing to help pay for the site, is making it run like ass.

Maybe it's all those images in your signature. :thumbsup:

Are you guys having lag problems? Are there specific pages it hangs more than others? When it's hanging, what URL is the browser attempting to load (i.e. down in the bottom left corner where it says "loading")?

Are you guys having lag problems? Are there specific pages it hangs more than others? When it's hanging, what URL is the browser attempting to load (i.e. down in the bottom left corner where it says "loading")?

Nothing is slow here. Like I said I didn't know about the ads, so nothing seems different to me. I know, I'm awesome.

Those images are cached, so probably not. It's hanging on every thread for me.

Adblock is nice.

I know what he is referring to.

It could be an ad format Drew added to generate click income, it can also come from a virus.

No speed problems here.

It's weird how it just randomly chooses words to generate a mouse-over link for. It's ads from kontera. It's Javascript thats doing it methinks. NoScript has been activated.

Adblock is nice.

I know what he is referring to.

It could be an ad format Drew added to generate click income, it can also come from a virus.

No speed problems here.

It's not a virus. Give it a few days, we'll see how it goes.

I have no ads anywhere. No click ads, no banner ads, no popups or otherwise.

In my opinion Drew: install all the ads you want it does not bother me. :devil:

I would prefer a donation that disables all ads for the donating party. I will donate.

Any thoughts to make donating available? Celicatech does this, and it seems to work out pretty good. They still have advertising, but it's small and unintrusive.

It's in the works. It's not something I can setup overnight. Lots to consider.

Cool so it aint just me who is having these underlined ads then. I havent noticed any lag or slowing up of the site, and well all the info has gotta travel over the ocean to get to me I guess so if it's working for me, it should be fine for you guys.

The ads on the site don't bother me in the slightest, like its only the two at the top of the page anyway, nothing compared to what you get on some sites. And as to the new ads underlining stuff, meh I'll get used to it. I mean like if they annoy you, a pop-up must blow your mind.

Didn't mind the ads themselves, but the Javascript slowing my browsing down was beginning to get annoying. Thankfully NoScript fixed that little problem for me.

Archived